Location: Houston, TX
Category: Information Technology
Job ID: IT-00003G
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look to the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
As the Business and System Analyst, you’ll support internal users at all levels of the business, investigating issues, creating resolutions and working with technical teams to provide solutions (including Oracle support & raising or Oracle Tickets) and STAT migrations financials. In this fast-paced environment, you’ll navigate and overcome challenges, paving the way for successful, interrupted deliver of our IT services. continued success and growth.
In this dynamic role, you’ll:
- Understand, setup and modify Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, profile options etc.) for the Oracle Finance Modules (GL, FA, CM, PA, AP, AR).
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts, perform functional testing and leading/involvement in UAT as required
- Analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems and recommend system improvements to leverage Oracle applications functionality for the Finance Team.
- Gather requirements, analyse, create design documents, and performs impact analysis for application changes.
- Functional Specification design for projects, process improvements and ad hoc requirements for Oracle eBusiness suite in the core financials modules including General Ledger, Fixed Assets & Projects
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Support/understanding of other non-Oracle applications including various Project Management tools, Business Intelligence, Control-M,etc
- Liaise/ support other finance and IT members (Production Processing, Developers, DBAs, System Admins etc) with the Oracle Financial Applications
- Collaborate with all members of Group IT and 3rd parties to define the most effective and efficient technical solutions to deliver effective and efficient business solutions
- Work closely with IT Project Managers and as directed, to achieve the agreed deliverables
As a Jacobs innovator, you’ll collaborate with a team of geographically dispersed Jacobs business and technical experts, while each of you discovers what drives you. At Jacobs, we believe in #TogetherBeyond, living inclusion, diversity, and cohesion; nurturing opportunity and encouraging career growth through mentorship and exemplary leadership; operating with the utmost integrity. We’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what inspires you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together. #corpitjobs
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Extensive understanding of ERP systems from a finance perspective (ideally Oracle R12 & Oracle Cloud) and must have Oracle General Ledger (including):
- Primary, Secondary, STAT and Reporting Ledgers
- Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA)
- Currency: Translation/Revaluation
- New LE & Ledger Setups o Financial Statement Generator (FSG)
- COA Mapping
- GL Wand
- Internal/External Audit Experience
- Fixed Assets and good working knowledge of Projects module.
- Ability to lead projects and run requirements workshops and testing cycles.
- Established business acumen and understanding of the underlaying finance business process in the areas of: Projects/ Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/General Ledger/Fixed Assets/Purchasing
- IT Fluency – ability to understand relationships between the tools and system architecture of the business.
- Have strong analytical and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work across multiple business areas
- Deep experience with Excel
*To meet compliance with work on US government projects US citizenship is required.*
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Dataload & TOAD/SQL Developer
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols:
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Auditing, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Document Control, Finance, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development, Software Development|