The role is concerned primarily with the development and testing of oilfield corrosion inhibitors and H2S scavengers although involvement in other production chemistry areas, may be required. The role also requires recommending chemical treatments and monitoring programs to global oil and gas customers. The position is based in the Global Technical Services group and located in Houston.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Laboratory testing of oilfield corrosion inhibitors and H2S Scavengers inhibitors using industry standard test methods for upstream applications
- Development and qualification of new corrosion inhibitors, H2S scavengers and combination products (e.g. scale / corrosion inhibitors)
- Development of new corrosion and H2S scavenger test methods
- Recommendations on correct test methodology and product solutions for projects.
- Recommends chemical treatment programs (H2S Scavengers and corrosion inhibitors) for global projects
- Provides recommendations to global customers regarding corrosion monitoring strategies
- Assists with authoring of oilfield production chemical tenders
- Participates in relevant customer and supplier meetings with or without team leader
- Performs standard assignments which can be non-routine involving research, testing, trouble shooting and problem solving
- Contribute to industry publications / conferences
- Support of sales and other regional technical teams as required
- Develops new products and designs chemical treatment programs
- Contributes to technical strategy and planning.
- Contributes to Schlumberger Technical Community (Eureka) and supports the technical community.
- Establishes visibility in with customers, industry and professional societies, and the wider Schlumberger community
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant physical science discipline e.g. chemistry, physics, etc.
- Minimum 3 + year experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment within the oil and gas industry
- Proven track record of developing and testing corrosion inhibitors for oil field applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of oilfield corrosion, metallurgy, electrochemistry, corrosion inhibitor testing, corrosion monitoring, and H2S scavenger application and testing
- Knowledge of other oilfield production chemistry areas (specifically microbiology, hydrates and inorganic scale) would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven good written and oral communication skills
- Technical Understanding: understanding of own discipline, and understanding of its interaction with other disciplines
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Chemistry, Industrial, Lab Management, Laboratory, Physics|