*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
We are looking for a BI Developer with a passion for data, and loves to stay on the edge of new techniques and technologies. The ideal candidate who has experience with the Microsoft Azure BI stack, as well as traditional BI experience will help our diverse team to modernize our BI landscape. This candidate will work to break down barriers and evangelize the latest tools and techniques in Business Intelligence to cultivate a data-driven culture throughout the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enhance, augment, and shape our data strategy by acquiring and warehousing new data sources from inside and outside the organization.
- Assist in maintaining and developing traditional BI solutions using the MS SQL Server or SAP BI stack.
- Create automated dashboards and reports using Power BI, Tableau, SAP Business Objects, and/or SSRS.
- Work with business users and other IT areas to collect, shape, and use functional/business requirements to then design and develop end-to-end solutions including ETL, governance, presentation, data mining, machine learning as may be needed.
- Develop methods to deliver BI governance metrics (i.e. usage, memory, space, queries, etc.).
- Lead prototype efforts in various BI tools for capability assessment and demonstrations.
- Contribute toward evolving company’s analytical self-service/ad hoc reporting capabilities using existing or future toolsets.
- Work with business partners and internal staff on resolving platform production defects and performance issues.
- Propose optimal ways to address business demands for BI with a goal of delivering maximum overall value for BI investments.
- Participate and develop BI landscape strategy including optimal setup to support multiple/parallel project deliverables.
- Develop, document, and adhere to standard procedures and best practices.
- Ensure requirements are met in accordance with corporate compliance standards.
Requirements: Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an invidiual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Years of experience requirements are below based on the specific level.
- Experience should include at least 5 years of experience developing traditional BI solutions within the Microsoft or SAP BI stack (MS SSIS/SSRS SAP HANA CVs).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or additional equivalent experience.
- Fluency in MS SQL query language, ability to write stored procedures, views, indexes, etc.
- Understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk.
- Proficient in developing and executing test scenarios including regression testing. Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills
- Ability to identify and implement programing logic and/or application improvements
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter, team player
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and team collaboration skills
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
- Strong time-management skills, initiative, commitment, and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high quality standards and best practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Relevant industry experience such as crude, natural gas, NGL storage and/or other energy transportation.
- Visualization experience with Tableau, Power BI, or Business Objects.
- Experience warehousing or reporting against SCADA or other IOT solutions.
- Confidence in several programming languages such as R, Python, Scala, or Java, with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly.
- Data Science/Advanced Analytics (ex: Predictive Analytics, Text Analytics, and analysis of unstructured data).
- Experience with large-scale, big data methods, such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm. Data modeling with SAP BW on HANA with HANA Studio and HANA Views.
- ITIL Certification or experience using Remedy application is a plus.
- System administration skills with SSRS, Tableau, or Business Objects.
- Experience with Visual Basic for Application (VBA)
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Document Control, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Software Development|