Major Incident ManagerBCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Major Incident Manager at Houston, TXTitle: Major Incident ManagerLocation: Houston, TXExpected Contract Duration: 3+Months with extensionNote: Initially Remote dude Coivd 19 after that you need to be onsite.Job Description:Major Incident Manager (MIM)
- Participates as a member of the Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations team that provides Operation Management Center (OMC) which manages Major Incident Management across account.
- As Major Incident Manager (MIM), Initiation of Major Incidents for priority one and priority two critical issues raised for Application, network, platform and sites with down, partial down, data content and data availability issues.
- Skillfully lead and drive the MI to achieve Business Continuity Recovery at the shortest possible time. Engage and coordinate with various support teams and ensure actions taken by them leads to finding the resolutions.
- Constantly track the progress by performing timely status reviews on the teams working on fixing the issues. Provide concise, meaningful and timely communication to all stakeholders and executive management at regular intervals.
- Perform ticket elevations to respective support teams for acting upon it. Follow-up until resolution achieved.
- Event monitoring is another vital role of monitor mission critical application and act quickly to elevate or open MI in case of any failures identified. MIM’s need to display leadership qualities of managing Multi-app and other critical Site and network outage issues.
- The MIM role carries high visibility hence the resource needs to possess holistic knowledge on various technologies and IT processes, have to be a logical and critical thinker, excellent communicator and focused person in getting the Major Incident to closure with the best resolutions.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must. Good Experience as Major Incident Manager role. Should have knowledge on infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, SAP / web related applications).
- Experience in problem analysis and architecting solutions of infrastructure and business application environments will be added advantage. Foundational knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity. Possess creative ability, coordination skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self-confidence. Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to lead and coordinate with multiple teams and external partner solution providers to meet Business needs and find quick resolutions.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a master’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
I must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process.
Please share me the updated resumes to
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers’ needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers’ specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 109274 when responding to this ad.
|Job Category||Computer Science, Information Technology, Management|