CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in business for more than 140 years. We’ve created an energy delivery company with electric and natural gas utility businesses and competitive energy businesses that benefit our shareholders, customers, employees and communities.
We are committed to our core values of safety, integrity, accountability, initiative, and respect for customers, investors, employees and communities.
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where business results are achieved through the skills, abilities and talents of our diverse workforce. At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their contributions toward our company objectives.
- Approximately 14,000 employees
- Operate electric and natural gas utility businesses in 8 states
- Competitive energy businesses’ footprint in nearly 40 states
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the end-to-end strategic, tactical and transactional category management activities for assigned categories. The ideal candidate will bring thoughtful leadership, set the direction, and ensure delivery performance of Strategic Sourcing objectives (aligned with business priorities).
Specifically, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Responsible for leading a team of Strategic Sourcing professionals to align & execute enterprise sourcing strategies for assigned commodities and spend categories.
- Drive supplier negotiations, sourcing initiatives and multi-year category strategies that optimize CenterPoint Energy’s spend across the organization.
- Responsible for performance management, talent management and succession planning, ensuring that the appropriate tools and processes are in place to support the team.
- Ensure savings initiatives spanning cost reduction, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement, rebates, working capital, etc. are accurately documented, reviewed, reported and transferred to the annual operating budgets and long-term strategic plans.
- Applies broad and deep subject matter expertise to solve a variety of highly complex business issues.
- Promote collaboration and obtain buy-in with key stakeholders to ensure execution of category strategies.
- Utilize Centre of Excellence to perform market-place analysis activities such as should cost modeling, commodity indices etc. Manages industry pricing complexity through detailed and frequent analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with Legal, Risk and Data Privacy to mitigate risk in the contracting process.
- Demonstrate ability to develop, present and gain consensus on complex category strategies.
- Successfully lead through influence, experience and bringing category strategies to adoption.
- Directly involved in contract negotiations/relationship management of high complexity, high risk contracts with significant (potential) business strategy impacts.
- Interpret and draft contract provisions to mitigate exposure to risk.
- Ensure all applicable contracts have appropriate cyber terms and conditions, deliverables and KPIs.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach in meeting business partners’ expectations through frequent communication, scope alignment, business requirements gathering, project execution and timeline management.
- Create a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business.
A Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of sourcing/category management, contract negotiation/management, vendor management experience required.
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Possesses a strong business acumen along with demonstrated cost center management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract negotiation and category management methodology.
- Demonstrated success in developing category and sourcing strategies, including selection criteria, cost structures, pricing and performance methodologies.
- Prior experience using SAP Procurement Tools for sourcing, spend and contracts management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic sourcing projects and multi-year category strategies from inception to implementation.
- Ability to influence others and to act as a change agent within the department and company.
- Knowledge of and experience in IT/Software sourcing and negotiations highly preferred
This is an office-based position located at our corporate office in downtown Houston, TX.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Purchasing & Logistics
US-TX-Houston-CenterPoint Energy Tower
CNP CORPORATE AND TECHNOLOGY PROCUREMENT (10001059)
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Management, Procurement, Supply Chain|