Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Under general supervision is responsible for preparing layout piece-part and assembly level drawings of designs for complex components, parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies. Individual errors will directly affect, to a moderate degree, the overall pace of production, quality of product, or overhead cost for programs/products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Abide by the procedures and guidelines established in accordance with OSS drafting standards, ASME Y14.5M and NASA document JPR 8500.
- With some advice or assistance, complete assignments that may be complex in nature and take appropriate action and exercise a high degree of initiative in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Responsibility will be to create engineering design layouts and assemblies using CREO/Parametric, computer-aided design (CAD) program. Generate corresponding part, assembly and interface control drawings. Use geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as required.
- Must be able to work in an integrated product team (IPT) environment.
- Suggest hardware, materials, and components by using Company procurement documentation system and engineering assistance.
- Interface with machine shop and softgoods personnel on clearances, tolerances, and manufacturing/machine options and inspection techniques.
- Perform other special duties when required by the Sr. Engineering Services Manager.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- This position reports to the Senior Engineering Services Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent with Associates Degree in Drafting or drafting-oriented trade school or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of mechanical design and drafting experience.
- Ability to check completed drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Knowledge of materials selection criteria and machine shop practices.
- AutoCAD, Pro-E/Creo or Solidworks experience is mandatory.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience working in aerospace industry, DoD or NASA spacecraft or in-house component design, assembly, integration and related programs is preferred.
- Knowledge of NASA document JPR 8500, and familiarity with JSC EDCC/EDRS (Engineering document control center), including but not limited to JSC JEDI – EDPM document control software.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
|Job Category||Applied Mathematics, Design/Drafting, Industrial|