Engineering Design · Sugar Land, Texas
A family-owned company in Sugar Land, Texas, Welker designs and manufactures innovative solutions for the oil and gas industry and beyond. With 65+ years of industry experience, ERP system, 3D CAD software, and on-site manual and computer-aided machines, we are a one-stop-shop for industry-leading products, turnkey solutions, and worldwide service.
If you’re looking to make a difference at a dynamic, forward-looking company, Welker might be the right fit for you.
About Our Mechanical Drafter
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who has a passion for drafting. Someone with a positive attitude who is dedicated to the success of the team as a whole. If you have a talent for drawing and take pride in your work, this is the position for you!
- Create machine drawings, assembly drawings, and general layout drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Maintain and organize all drawings and documentation within the system
- Utilize ERP system for all standard operating procedures
- Alert Engineering team and leadership of any errors or discrepancies found
These are some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during your workday, but you may be called upon to fulfill other duties as needed.
- Communication: Interact with peers, team leads, and managers in a kind, positive, and professional manner, because good communication is essential for a successful day
- Technical Aptitude: Experience with SolidWorks drafting software and Microsoft Office applications; able to quickly adapt to Welker ERP system
- Work Ethic: Excellent organizational and follow-through skills with a highly developed sense of urgency and prioritization; ability to handle multiple complex tasks within tight deadline parameters
- Attention to Detail: Make a conscious effort to focus on the details and ensure drawings are complete, accurate, and thorough
The Welker team is a diverse and motivated group. These key skills keep our Engineering Design department running smoothly.
- Minimum two years of mechanical drafting is preferred
- Experience drafting in current versions of SolidWorks
- Associate’s degree in a design, drafting, or related field; or currently working toward such a degree
- Foundational knowledge of details, methods, and layouts used in drafting component and parts drawings
- Familiarity with Engineering graphic representations relevant to a manufacturing environment
Does this sound like you? Submit your application, and let’s talk!
This is a full-time position. Starting salary is within the posted range and is determined by experience, education, and potential. Welker cares for our employees, so we offer competitive benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.
|Job Category||AutoCAD, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, ERP, Information Technology, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Mechanical, Mechanical Drafting, Quality Control, Software Development|