Engineering Design · Sugar Land, Texas
A family-owned company in Sugar Land, Texas, Welker designs and manufactures innovative solutions for the oil and gas industry and beyond. With 65+ years of industry experience, ERP system, 3D CAD software, and on-site manual and computer-aided machines, we are a one-stop-shop for industry-leading products, turnkey solutions, and worldwide service.
If you’re looking to make a difference at a dynamic, forward-looking company, Welker might be the right fit for you.
About Our Mechanical Engineer
Our ideal candidate has a passion for innovation and great attention to detail. Our company customizes equipment for specific customer applications. We not only modify existing designs, but we also design new products to satisfy ever changing industry and client requirements. If you love to learn and have a strong desire to be involved in all aspects of the engineering and design process, this is the position for you!
- Analyze customer specifications and develop solutions that meet customer requirements and industry standards
- Perform design and safety calculations; acquire new product certifications
- Create, check, and approve designs, drawings, and bills of material
- Collaborate with the Technical Writer in producing instruction manuals for new products
- Support all company departments with information needed to drive new business
These are some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during your workday, but you may be called upon to fulfill other duties as needed.
- Communication: Interact with peers, team leads, and managers in a kind, positive, and professional manner, because good communication is essential for a successful day
- Teamwork: Work well with others with an attitude of cooperation and achievement, and commit to the success of the team as a whole
- Technical Aptitude: Familiar with SolidWorks drafting software and Microsoft Office applications; able to quickly adapt to new programs, including the Welker ERP system to handle the clerical aspects of the position
- Work Ethic: Excellent organizational and follow-through skills with a highly developed sense of urgency and prioritization; ability to handle multiple complex tasks within tight deadline parameters
- Attention to Detail: Make a conscious effort to focus on the details and ensure drawings are complete, accurate, and thorough
The Welker team is a diverse and motivated group. These key skills keep our Engineering Design department running smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited university required
- Two or more years of experience in mechanical engineering preferred
- Solid general knowledge of details, methods, and layouts used in drafting component/parts drawings and engineering graphic representations relevant to a manufacturing environment
Does this sound like you? Submit your application, and let’s talk!
This is a full-time position. Starting salary is determined by experience, education, and potential. Welker cares for our employees, so we offer competitive benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.
|Job Category||Admin & Clerical, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, ERP, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Mechanical Drafting, Project Management, Quality Control, Software Development|