Operations Manager, DTS-Houston
Dallas Theological Seminary
Posted 1 year ago
The mission of Dallas Theological Seminary as a professional, graduate-level school is to glorify God by equipping godly servant-leaders for the proclamation of His Word and the building up of the body of Christ worldwide.
The Operations Manager is charge with overseeing and maintaining all facility use for the educational purposes, ministry support activities, and community relations that operate on the campus of DTS-Houston. This position includes liaison duties with the Dallas Campus and the College of Biblical Studies.
This position will arrange for classroom use as a priority for the campus operations. The position will manage facility maintenance in all aspects necessary for efficient operations. In addition, this position will provide IT support to maintain functional campus technology and infrastructure. Managing the campus facilities for special events and community outreach will be at the Operations Manager’s discretion in keeping with the collective priorities establish by the Executive Team.
- Meet as needed with the Executive Team for dissuasion and deliberation over matters that are pertinent to the operations for the campus, both for the immediate future and the annual calendar planning for DTS-Houston
- Advise the Executive Team on the multisite needs of DTS-Houston as the Strategic Plan develops the growth of campus
- Manage classroom assignments and accessibility of campus spaces, including work with building management to coordinate building access systems, security, and HVAC
- Communicate with Houston staff to ensure that operational and technological needs of each role are served well, including library use, chapel programs, and student room needs (Spiritual formation meeting spaces, student meetings, Student Council).
- Manage the IT/AV needs for the Houston campus, providing on-site IT support for staff, faculty, and students, in conjunction with the DTS HelpDesk. This includes but is not limited to diagnosing hardware and software malfunctions, troubleshooting problems, replacing hardware, and installing new software on machines.
- Coordinate with the DTS IT department for life cycle maintenance of computer technology related to staff and faculty.
- Be flexible and willing to have work tasks change throughout the day
- Hands-on experience with general facilities maintenance and repair
- Hands-on experience with direct technology support and remote administration software packages
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- A demonstrable understanding and passion for fixing “things” in a prescribed manner
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years related experience
- Experience with Video Conference Solutions, specifically: Lifesize, MS Teams, and other relevant vide conferencing and streaming solutions
- Wi-Fi connectivity troubleshooting experience
- Mobility/PDA/Smartphone/Tablet troubleshooting experience
- Industry certifications helpful, but proven work experience preferred
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Business Administration, Communication, Community, Computer Science, Data Management, Hospitality, Information Technology, Leadership, Management, Mechanical, Media Relations, Ministry, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development, Science & Biotech, Security, Software Development, Supervision|