Salary Depends on Qualifications
Location Houston, TX
Job Type Regular Full-time
Department Universal Services
Job Number 05804
1/7/2021 11:59 PM Central
- Position Description
- This position is responsible for the functional support of Commitment Accounting and Payroll for the 9.2 PeopleSoft Financials platform. This includes requirements gathering, application configuration, end-user support and testing for ongoing enhancements to the production application. The role provides functional expertise and contributes to improvements and enhancements for mission-critical, enterprise-wide information systems.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employerhttps://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx
- Coordinate with end-users to understand business needs and requirements.
- Assists in the analysis and design of PeopleSoft deliverables based on business requirements.
- Create and assist in the generation of functional specifications.
- Educate and advise Harris County on the PeopleSoft HR/Payroll/Commitment accounting functionality and integration with FSCM.
- Work with technical resources to develop, test and document enhancements and modifications.
- Ensures that project deliverables meet business requirements.
- Conduct end user training when needed and prepare user documentations.
- Ability to analyze/troubleshoot functional system issues and provide options to resolutions.
- Adheres to methodology, controls, and quality standards.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, and work in a team environment.
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application’s employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
- Three (3) years of experience supporting PeopleSoft version 9.0 or above AND Three (3) years of experience supporting PeopleSoft Payroll for North America and Commitment Accounting.
- Experience using PeopleSoft v9.0 or above, preferably v9.2.
- Experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to create functional and design documents.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College degree.
- Experience working with public sector.
- Integration Broker for Payroll to GL and Payroll to AP.
- PeopleSoft Query.
- Strong leadership skills.
- General Information
- Houston, TX
- Typically, M-F, 40 hours a week.
- May be required to work more than forty hours during the workweek and/or weekends or on-call 24 hours a day to meet special projects or deadlines
NOTE: Applicant must be willing to move to the Houston area at their own expense.Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26-Pay Periods
- Harris County
- 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240Houston, Texas, 77002
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Finance|