$23.23 – $29.04 Hourly $48,321.00 – $60,401.00 Annually
$48,321.00 – $60,401.00 Annually
Location MISSOURI CITY, TX
Job Type Full Time
Department DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (PLANNING)
Job Number 20190208
Closing date and time 2/22/2019 at 12:00 AM Central Time (US & Canada)
- This is a full-time, entry-level, professional staff position with the City’s Development Services Department. An individual in this position will provide professional and technical planning services related to land use development.
- Examples of Work
- Review applications for subdivision and rezoning for compliance with City codes, policies and adopted plans;
- Conduct analysis, prepare reports; coordinate reviews with other personnel or departments; prepare public notices; attend public meetings; draft ordinances; create maps; and present information at meetings;
- Research and coordinate project reviews for the Inspections Division; review applications for compliance with City codes, policies and adopted plans;
- Take pictures of study or land area; assist with the preparation of standardized information related to land use, population growth and housing development;
- Provide effective, efficient and responsive customer service via telephones, emails or in person and to large or small groups and explain processes and requirements;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Subject to 24 hour recall.
- Education, Experience, or Certification
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or a closely related field from an accredited college or university, and two years of relevant professional experience are required. A Master’s Degree in Planning or a closely related field is desired.
- Supplemental Information
- The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Customer Service, Diversity Opportunities|