ASSOCIATE REAL-TIME SOFTWARE (SOFTWARE ENGINEERING)
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
Job Type: Standard
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”
Steve JacobsenDigital Signal Processing Engineer,Software Engineer
IN THE NEWS
SWARM UP TO THE IDEA
A Boeing lab experiments with multiple unmanned vehicle behaviors
THE SATELLITE THAT PROTECTS ITSELF
Today, every mission relies on satellite intelligence.
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
ASSOCIATE REAL-TIME SOFTWARE
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Commercial Crew team is currently seeking an Associate Real-Time Software Engineer to be part of our Flight Software Development Team. This position is located in Houston, Texas.
The selected Software Engineer will work with a team in a casual, but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership position. The optimal candidate works well with a team and is a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimum guidance. Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Design, implement and integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop, document and maintain software architectures, interfaces, algorithms and designs.
- Develop software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, performing test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Participate in Peer Reviews for all flight software products: Requirements, Design, Code, Unit and Integration, and FQT test procedures.
- Participates in daily scrums, using agile practices, to communicate clearly and openly on incremental progress and to inform the team of any help needed on impediments and roadblocks and suggest timely remedies for common ailments during retrospections.
- Communicate and collaborate with leads and management.
- Serve as an authority for software domains, system-specific issues, and processes.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R.§120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Requirements (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 2+ years of experience in programming in C++/C and MATLAB
- Experience with the Agile Software development lifecycle
- Experience with real-time embedded software development using VxWorks Operating System, and Linux
- Comfortable with Hardware and Software Integration lab environments.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Understanding of both Relative Navigation/Guidance Navigation Control and optics
- Have some knowledge of VectorCast or LDRA testing tool
- Familiar with Unit Testing and Integration testing
- Ability to support questions from operators/users
- Experience in Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with the following tools: ClearCase, ClearQuest, JIRA, Git
- Proactively enjoys debugging Hardware and Software issues in collaboration with other teams
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Referral Bonus: 3ERP
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Architecture, Business Administration, Computer Science, Design/Drafting, Information Technology, Leadership, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Research Development, Software Development|