Job ID: 2045846-8
Fidelity Center for Applied Technology (FCAT) has the mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and our clients and supports the entire Fidelity businesses. Within FCAT there is a group developing a brand-new brokerage trading platform called Green Meadows.
We currently have a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, researchers, designers, product managers, and security and compliance experts building this new exciting platform.This role is critical to executing and building out an important new platform.
- Growing our agile development culture through use of excellent engineering skills and a deep knowledge of industry standard methodologies
- Lead with strong engineering standard methodologies when it comes design patterns, bringing to bear CI/CD pipelines, test automation and application performance
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field required
- 10+ years of professional C/C++ Development experience with at least 3+ of those on UNIX systems
- Design, develop and deploy applications with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Good understanding of the latest C++ standards, UNIX OS internals, low level Unix networking and CPU architecture
- Working knowledge of kdb+/q would be a huge advantage
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Knowledge of Equities Electronic Trading business, previous experience in Smart Order Router, Market Data or Order Management Systems development is desirable, but not required
- Design, develop, maintain, and execute test cases for your application
- Ability to investigate, isolate, and solve technical issues across the full technology stack by using automated & manual testing methodologies
- Advanced skills in scripting languages for automation
- Experience in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools; experience with Git/Bitbucket Server (Stash), Jenkins, and uDeploy are a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with multiple teams across the organization.
- Obsessed with creating the best end-to-end experience
- Owns the outcome by taking personal accountability for delivering strong results
- Passionate about Test Driven Development, developing robust software, writing testable and maintainable code
- Passionate and results-oriented technical leader
- Keenly interested in learning new technologies and their adoption
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$107,000 – $143,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts people’s lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as the Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Auditing, Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Investment, Leadership, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Research Development, Software Development, Statistics|