At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position is assigned to a person who is on the Technical Track and has the experience, technical knowledge, and confidence of Business Line Management to lead the development of a complete engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) estimate. This position requires an individual to be very knowledgeable about the application of hour and cost unit rates. This role is expected to lead customers to the most competitive price through the means of historical data and other In-House data. Depending on the size of the project (large to small), the individual acts independently, or can direct a staff of other estimating individuals, in the performance of functional activities to support project estimating activities.
• Assist in all activities with respect to estimate quality, execution, planning, staffing, consistency, systems training, and employee performance appraisal, career development, and counseling
• Champion the office estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
• Develop the estimate and implementation plan with the project team
• Perform peer review of estimates, as assigned
• Present estimates to Fluor Management and the Client as a credible expert; able to sell the estimate
• Other duties as assigned
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and fifteen (15) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to nineteen (19) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
• Stay abreast of current estimating techniques by maintaining expertise through the numerous opportunities provided by professional organizations, software vendors and other estimating specialists within the engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) industry as well as client representative
• Serve as a business line expert on estimating methods and systems; be a training class instructor
• Update, as required, common rates that are used in the business line estimates
• Be active in knowledge management portals and communities with regard to forum questions and discussions
• Be knowledgeable about the benefits of Cost Competitive Execution, Excel to Win, Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF) and Strategy to Win; actively promote innovative ideas and solutions
• Should be certified as an Estimating professional by a professional society; has made at least one (1) presentation to a professional society
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience using any of the Fluor Estimating Systems or five (5) years of experience using Industry recognized estimating systems
• Minimum of three (3) years of field experience, preferably in project controls, construction, contracts, or estimating
• Demonstrate strong technical ability, combined with communicative skills, to lead estimate development
• Knowledgeable about Lump Sum and/or Cost Reimbursable estimating
• Knowledgeable about Self-Perform and/or Construction Management Execution
• Knowledgeable about internal Cost Systems, Progressing Systems, Level I and II Schedules, Work Breakdown Structures and Project Status Reports
• Able to lead discussion on setting contingency ranges on all components of an estimate using Fluor’s global cost contingency model
• Recognized as technical expert by peers in the following areas: Direct Field Costs, Indirect Field Costs, Fluor Services Costs, Escalation, Selling an Estimate, Benchmarking and Unit Rates for Key Commodities, Currency fluctuation, tax & insurance costs, and performance bonds & letter of credit costs, Estimate Plan, Basis of Estimate, Input and Use of Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF), Use of Allowances, Cost Contingency, Input of Estimate into Global Pricing Model’s Template, Productivity Worksheets, Craft Mix and Crew Mix, Expatriate Policy Costs, Data Analyst, Comparison Analyst, Input into and Use of Historical Data (EMS – Experience Management System), Procurement including a comprehensive understanding of Purchase Order, Budget Quotations and “Procurement Action – Request for Proposal” (PARP) and “Procurement Action – Request for Quotation” (PARQ) work processes• Good analytical and computer skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Engineering, Estimation, Finance, Hardware/Software Support, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Procurement, Project Management|