*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organizaton, recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America’s energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
This position comes with a hybrid work schedule, world class compensation, benefits, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and PTO.
This position has the responsibility for the design, maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of the organization’s production network infrastructure. The person in this position will work closely with members of the IT staff to ensure very high levels of network availability, security and efficiency. They will serve as the technical resource for network production operations support and relevant projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN technology to configure and resolve problems with Cisco hardware and software.
- Provides an advanced level of support to incidents that require the network team’s inclusion
- Evaluate, design, implement, and support new network architecture and existing deployments
- Participation in project delivery work, including device configuration, planning, and vendor coordination.
- Work with users to understand their needs and with IT personnel to develop effective system solutions for assigned
- Develop and implement network infrastructure changes via the established Change Management process
- Act as technical resource to relevant network matters for other organizational units
- Provide succinct and timely, up-to-date project / network documentation; including drawings
- Practice network asset management that includes network device / component inventory, support agreements, relevant vendor contracts and others
- Perform hardware and software upgrades for new and existing equipment as needed.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements of this position are listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related technical disciplines or additional equivalent practical experience.
- In-depth working knowledge of LAN/WAN technology and be able to configure and resolve problems with Cisco hardware and software.
- Strong working knowledge of Ethernet cabling, T1s, routers, switches, firewalls.
- Effective written & verbal communication, as well as interpersonal skills to work in a team environment
- Establishing & maintaining good working relationships with others, to support team & company objectives, and a willingness to work in alloperational areas.
- Strong dedication to quality customer service and superior telephone etiquette with the ability to deal effectively with customers, vendors, peers and management.
- Candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and a willingness to accept constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to carry computer equipment up to 50 pounds
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivlanent experience and 10+ years of relevant jobrelated experience.
- CCNP, CCIE
- Cisco SDWAN and ACI design and deployments
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Usually, normal office working conditions.
2. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
3. Up to 20% travel may be required including overnight travel.
4. Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings which may include hazardous materials and chemicals, as well as extreme
temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
5. Ability to carry computer equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Admin & Clerical, Architecture, Business Administration, CNC Programming, Computer Science, Data Management, Document Control, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Research Development, Software Development|