- The Structural Engineer is expected to have highly qualified on Structural engineering and Fabrication concepts of Offshore and Onshore structures.
- Act as a technical expert for structural design issues, and perform structural design calculations as necessary.
- Ensure compliance of Cameron structural designs with applicable industry codes, standards and regulations, and client specifications.
- Keep abreast of Industry Codes and Guidelines.
- Meet or exceed external / internal customer expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits.
- Assist other Cameron locations with structural design and troubleshooting issues, provide training and guidance for a group of engineering professionals.
- Review of Client specifications and standards.
- Preparation of need list required for structural design.
- Perform Structural analysis in accordance with a “Design Basis” for various phases of the structure viz., Inplace, lifting, Transit, etc., and produce calculation reports by meeting Client and Company standards. Perform
- Structural design with all applicable loads and design combinations to arrive at the member sizing for modules, skids, pipe racks, platforms etc..
- General knowledge and understanding of fabrication methods.
- Provide necessary dimensional sketches and engineering instructions to drafting department as required.
- Knowledge of facility/plant design (skids, pipe racks, platforms, foundations) is added advantage.
- Responsible that the engineering is performed with high quality, at agreed cost and within the plan.
- Study and understand the structural scope of work and quickly become conversant to Schlumberger procedures and standards.
- Effective implementation of Change management and Revision Control.
- Participate in Design review and implement the changes of structural engineering deliverables.
- Ability to read and comprehend fabrication drawings and bill of materials.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required to fulfill project and business needs.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the Company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment. When delegated, must be able to complete the tasks with Company and Client standards and quality requirements.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering /Masters in Structural Engineering.
- 20+ years relevant experience within the Oil and Gas industry
- Proficient in STAAD-Pro, SACS, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge and exposure of Offshore and Onshore Industry Engineering standards & Codes – API, AISC, ASCE, BS, EURO, OSHA, ACI, AWS etc
Title for Posting Principal Structural Engineer
Division Process Systems
Job Discipline Technology
Employment Status REGULAR
Region NSAM (North & South America)
Country United States
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Design/Drafting, Engineering, Industrial, Management|