MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer position in our Houston office.
The Process Engineer creates and reviews designs, drawings, specifications, etc. involving existing and new technology or applications. Problems presented involve new concepts and new and varied issues that demand technical expertise, increased innovation or considerable modifications of precedents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates drawings, specifications, etc. of existing or new technology or applications and ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
- Prepares documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Independently develops solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions. Identifies root cause of problems. Develops alternative solutions and communicates associated benefits and risks.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations. Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
- Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
- Assists in project cost estimates.
- Assists and/or checks the work of drafters and designers and less experienced engineers. Helps prepare project plans, schedules, budgets and status reports.
- Participates in product standardization projects.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-7 years relevant experience
- Master’s Degree with 3-5 years’ experience
- Detailed knowledge of at least one process technology or significant knowledge of multiple technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to independently create functional & cost-effective designs that meet complex specification requirements.
- Must demonstrate ability to prepare root cause analysis, develop alternative solutions and communicate associated benefits and risks.
- Regularly demonstrates capability for conceptualizing designs.
- Understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assigned areas.
- Must be proficient in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.
- Demonstrates good organization and project planning skills.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
MODEC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Architecture, Engineering|