- Perform process safety engineering calculations and address the process safety engineering design challenges.
- Keep abreast of industry codes, standards, regulations and guidelines. Meet or exceed project expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits.
- Co-ordination with intra / inter disciplinary team and provide the required deliverables as and when requested.
- Defines the process safety systems to properly guarantee the facility safety.Size and define process safety equipment and leads the execution of safety studies, either done in house or by 3rd parties.
- Perform Process Safety calculations to define safety systems, relief and blowdown studies, PSV load scenario analysis, flare network and flare radiation & dispersion calculations.
- Good knowledge of NFPA code, GAP guidelines and API standards. Activities
- Review and understand client specifications during proposal phase. Raise clarifications and deviations not inline with Company standards.
- Create the process safety philosophies for the projects and guarantee compliance with process safety clients’ requirements. These philosophies include but are not limited to F&G detection and mapping, FF Water demand and network, vent, flare and blowdown, isolation, equipment distancing, effluent management, etc.
- Perform process safety engineering and develop all process safety engineering deliverables conforming to project specifications and international standards, as per project schedule and considering project budget.
- Participate in engineering meetings.
- Provide engineering hours estimate during proposals for its discipline. Responsible for tracking engineering hours for its discipline during project execution.
- Prepare technical requisition and technical bid analysis for safety studies. Participate in QRA, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL and other safety studies.
- Participate in 3D model interdisciplinary reviews to guarantee compliance with safety requirements.
- Review, comment and approve the outsourced process safety engineering design/studies.
- Review other disciplines’ deliverables such as plot plan, hazardous area classification, cause & effect matrix as needed.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in its discipline in accordance to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide support to processing facilities as required by Operations or Integrity Teams on engineering/technical matters.
- Actively support, participate in, and maintain the integrity and on-going function of the company and facility HSSE program; ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- Define process safety standards for Production Facilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, with 10 + years’ experience in facilities process engineering in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Prior work experience in EPCs, Engineering Consultancies, Production Facility Engineering, Process Safety Expertise
- In depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for oil field process equipment design, such as NFPA, ASME, NEMA, API.
- Highly competent in process equipment design and sizing.
- Competent in using of simulation software Hysys.
- Highly experienced in PID (piping and instrumentation diagrams).
- Having participated in HAZOP and other safety studies.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Knowledge of all materials of construction and their application.
- Ability to lead other process engineers and train them in the usage of process engineering tools.
- Ability to educate customers on the advantages of company’s design.
- Experience with field start-up and troubleshooting experience of systems produced.
- Competent in using simulation software Symmetry.
- Competent in using FlareNet or Flaresim.
- Clear understanding of the various raw material types, grades and selection criteria.
- Experience / skill with multidiscipline project engineering functions.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
|Job Category||Communication, Design/Drafting, Engineering|