At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.If you have Design Engineer experience and like working within a global cross functional project teams to advance the pressure management product portfolio offerings.
This includes conceptual 3D modeling, prototype development, product certification, detailed design, production verification and technical documentation of new products. May train other engineers and technicians within area of engineering expertise.
AS A NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Participate in the development of innovative concepts and design solutions for new products that meet cost and performance targets.
- Support the definition of the product scope and deliverables that align with the NPD goals and strategies across the organization.
- Estimate product costs utilizing volume based market forecasts and trends.
- Support the planning and conduct the testing of conceptual prototypes and verification units and document the results in test reports.
- Proves product effectiveness through extensive testing.
- Participates in Preliminary and Detailed Design Reviews.
- Supports all certification efforts required for the new products developed.
- Interface with designers and drafters to detail prototype parts.
- Interfaces with the global resources of the PMG engineering group to reduce cost and shorten development time whenever possible.
- Collaborate with and support the efforts of the NPD project team.
- Develops and maintains product lines in accordance with industry standards and individual customer requirements.
- Formulates plans and implements changes to drive continuous product and product line improvements with input from various internal and external channels, in a cross functional environment.
- Responsible for the engineering database (specifications, drawings, procedures) for assigned product lines.
- Responsible for engineering cost reduction projects from proposal, research, planning, engineering, pilot run till hand over to operation.
- Consults with and coordinates the engineering effort with customers, Marketing, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all Codes and Standards applicable to the assigned product lines. Reviews Code addenda and documents changes affecting Emerson products.
- May perform other special duties or projects as requested by Product Engineering Manager.
- Provides training to other engineers and technicians with respect to all product support work and may direct the work of and evaluate coops.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required
- Minimum 3 years mechanical development engineering experience, design
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong desire to advance in the field of Engineering (MS / PhD)
- ACAD Inventor experience desired
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Applied Mathematics, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Industrial, Mechanical|