The role of this position is to ensure on-time delivery of the product by coordinating the activities of Production, Engineering and Purchasing toward the common goal of on-time product delivery and to verify that all needed information and materials are available prior to releasing the order for manufacturing. The Production Planner will assist the Production Manager and Superintendent in continual process improvement and waste elimination initiatives and improved on-time deliverables.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and verify drawing and material availability prior to release for manufacture.
- Coordinate closely with the Scheduler on internal, customer and vendor schedules.
- Stage and Complete materials prior to job release.
- Coordinate between Production, Engineering and Purchasing.
- Track and report progress to schedule.
- Assist shop foreman with shortages and material needs.
- Plan and assist with shop and material scheduling.
- Perform in-house expediting as needed to maintain schedule deliverables.
- Requisition materials as needed.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by TAS.
- Working knowledge of data collection systems, proficient with data analysis and evaluation
- Experience working in a network environment
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take input from multiple sources and prioritize own work effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively with superiors and peers as well as with individuals both inside and outside the company.
- Committed to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Embody TAS core values of: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer Passion, Growth Oriented, Innovation and Value Driven.
- Production planning experience (2-5 years)
- Experience with JIT, MRP, CRP, Lean (or other waste elimination processes), ISO 9000 (or other structures QMS)
- Experience with MS Project and/or Great Plains
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Proficient with PC applications, (MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- APICS CPIM certification
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Four-year technical degree or six years of equivalent work experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position is at least 80% to 95% at a desk working with computer. Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, sitting, stooping, bending, crouching, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent will be subject to inside environmental conditions.
Join a team driven to excel in all that we do! When you join TAS, you join a Houston-headquartered private company with a solid reputation built on outstanding value, integrity and customer focus. We offer our customers and employees the best of both worlds: a small company feel with the resources, talent, process and international reach of a large company.
TAS delivers innovative packaged modular systems that are engineered and manufactured in one of our Houston, TX facilities and utilized in data centers, power and commercial/industrial utility system applications. TAS has successfully delivered and commissioned over 520 packages to over 33 countries. The company is headquartered in Houston, TX and has three ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facilities in Houston, encompassing 600,000 sq. feet with close proximity to major shipping ports and interstate highways. TAS manages all logistics and transportation facilitating accelerated construction at customer’s facilities.
TAS’ fastest growing business is the data center market. By applying deep expertise in cooling, thermodynamics and power, TAS has developed an entire product line that revolutionizes data center delivery. TAS was selected as one of the 20 Most Promising Energy Technology Solution Providers 2016 & 2017 by CIO Review.
With our tremendous market potential, advanced technological systems, entrepreneurial culture as well as a talented and productive workforce, we continue to set and exceed aggressive market penetration and financial goals. More information is available at the company website at: www.tas.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TAS has implemented a non-smoking hiring policy effective January 1, 2012 under which Individuals considered for employment will need to pass a drug test which includes a nicotine panel.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Applications and resumes will be kept on file for a limited time and that the Company is under no duty or obligation to contact applicants if they are not selected for the job applied for or if other jobs become available in the future. Applicants that desire to apply for a job that becomes available at the Company in the future, should submit a new employment application or resume.
TAS Energy Inc. guarantees equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Engineering, Environmental, Industrial, Logistics, Traffic/Transportation|