Department: Chip R&D
Job Code: RD Chip 1805
AOI is a leading supplier of high-speed semiconductor lasers and components used in fiber optical communications. AOI is committed to the highest quality and reliability of our products. We are looking for a highly motivated optoelectronics device reliability engineer. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and implement qualification plans for new RD laser products, and to conduct failure analysis and create reliability improvement plan on existing or new products.
• Lead qualification testing and reliability analyses of semiconductor lasers for various RD projects. This position requires hands on skills, such as set up reliability test hardware and control software, doing test, and data analysis.
• Developing and implementing qualification test plans for new products based on reliability standards or customer’s special request, including required stress tests (Burn In, HALT, HTOL, Damp Heat, etc.).
• Developing reliability screens and verify their effectiveness in new product development
• Generating reliability report for new products and answer customer’s questions on product reliability
• Conducting failure analysis using techniques such as LIV, Optical Spectrum, Optical Microscope, SEM, TEM, and IR imaging. Identify and characterize device failure modes and find root causes. Coordinate in house and external resources to get the failure analysis done in a timely manner.
• Proposing quality and reliability improvement plan based on failure analysis and reliability test result
• Conducting failure analysis using techniques such as LIV, Optical Spectrum, Optical Microscope, SEM, TEM, and IR imaging. Identify and characterize device failure modes.
MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Material Sciences, or Applied Physics
• At least 2 years of industrial experience in optoelectronics devices reliability; Knowledge of optoelectronics device reliability standards GR-468-core
• Familiar with semiconductor optoelectronics devices operation, understanding InP or GaAs wafer growth and device fabrication
• Familiar with MS Excel and JMP is a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Self-motived and multitasking ability to meet tight schedule
• Good data analysis skills and troubleshooting abilities
• Having some computer coding skills to be able to write scripts for data analysis using JMP, LabVIEW, etc
• Familiar with LabVIEW programming and database is a plus
• Good inter-personal skills to support cross-functional teams .
|Job Category||Data Management, Engineering, Optoelectronics|