Department: Chip R&D
Job Code: RD Chip 1804
AOI is a leading supplier of high-speed semiconductor laser and components used in fiber optical communications. We are looking for a highly motivated optoelectronics device test engineer. The RD Test Engineer’s primary responsibility is the characterizations of semiconductor lasers to support high-speed and high power new laser products development in a young & dynamic RD team. This position requires test, data analysis, and some programming.
• Perform electrical and optical characterizations of semiconductor laser diodes, such as DC test of laser power, current, voltage, and optical spectrum; RF test of laser small signal modulation and fiber optical transmission test
• DC and RF test on wafer, bar, and individual packaged device levels in a cleanroom environment for various RD projects
• Deriving test plans and test setup for new products, data analysis, and creating summary report
• Supervising a small group of technicians
• May also be required to provide technical supports to product managers.
BS with >2 years working experience, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or Optics
• New graduates are acceptable with appropriate academic experience
• >2 years industrial experience in semiconductor laser or other related optoelectronics or electronics device testing is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in experimental techniques
• Careful and detail oriented
• Good data analysis skills and troubleshooting abilities
• Familiar with LabVIEW programming and database is a plus
• Relevant knowledge in semiconductor lasers is preferred
|Job Category||Data Management, Document Control, Engineering, Optoelectronics|