About Cathay Bank
More than half a century ago, we opened our doors at Cathay Bank to serve the growing Chinese American community in Los Angeles. We helped our customers put down new roots with cars and homes, and we supported their businesses, which continue to sustain generations. We remain committed to enriching the journeys of our customers and the diverse communities we serve.
Over time, we’ve expanded along with our customers. Today, we’re a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company. We operate in nine states across the United States, including California, New York, Illinois, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, and New Jersey, and we have outposts in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei. Forbes named us the #12 Best Bank in America in 2018.
Along with our extensive experience and innovative thinking, we bring an open mind to every interaction and a willingness to work with customers and communities in ways that best suit their needs. Our lines of business include personal banking, home mortgages, business banking, corporate
lending, cash management, SBA loan programs, community lending, international banking, foreign exchange, and wealth management.
Are you passionate about a potential career in the financial services industry? Cathay Bank is excited about what’s to come for our company and customers. Our employees are the reason our customers can get where they want to go and aspire to what’s next.
If you bring your best self to work, see opportunities instead of obstacles, and always want to advance in your career, then Cathay Bank may be a great fit for you. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so that employees can best deliver an extraordinary customer experience.
Join Cathay Bank—and be energized by what’s possible for your career!
Responsible for primarily handling teller transactions, providing operational support, cross-selling bank products/services, and resolving customer service issues. Process transactions with accuracy and efficiency while delivering an overall professional and exceptional customer experience. As needed, will open accounts and refer customers to other areas of the bank as appropriate. Follow regulations and bank security procedures to protect customers as well as minimize risk to the bank.
- Perform deposits and withdrawal transactions.
- Reconcile and balance teller cash drawer.
- Process outgoing wires.
- Essential functions of Safe Deposit box (e.g. entry, opening, maintenance).
- Assist customers with problem resolution.
- Assist in ATM balancing.
- Detect and report fraudulent or suspicious activities by completing BSA reporting as required, Currency Transactions Reports or Monetary Instrument Reports.
- Perform all aspects of new account opening procedures for all bank products/services.
- Answer customer inquiries, make appropriate financial solutions and recommendations and assist with problem resolution.
- Perform customer service functions such as check orders, change of address, return mail processing, supersede signature cards, and other account maintenance changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information as well as Bank proprietary information.
Sales & Service:
- Identify sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to ensure customers’ financial goals are met.
- Provide quality personalized customer service, maintain frequent customer contact to expand relationships and ensure customer retention.
- Maintain open communication with Bank business partners and make referrals as appropriate (e.g. Financial Advisors, Mortgage Loan Originators, Commercial Lenders).
- Proactively support branch new business promotions.
- College degree in business, accounting or finance preferred or related work experience.
- 6-12 months of cash handling, customer service in a retail environment, or sales experience preferred. Banking experience is a plus.
- Desire to learn the banking industry, help others, and work in a professional environment.
- PC literate and typing proficient.
- Previous experience with data entry, 10-key, banking software, and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized with good note taking and follow-up skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills – can write clear messages, initiate conversations, and talk to customers about products and services.
- Good listening and interpersonal skills – can listen without interrupting, seeks clarification, responds professionally, and keeps emotions under control in difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Ability to give and receive feedback to improve skills and job knowledge.
- Can maintain good attendance and arrive consistently at scheduled start time.
- Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) preferred.
- Able and willing to commute as required for business needs.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local non-discrimination law.
|Job Category||Admin & Clerical, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing|