Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions – enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
This role reports to Data Centers Regional Solutions Leader located at Houston, Texas. As a Sales Specialist-Data Center (DCSS), you will implement the global solutions strategy to drive increased sales, market share and customer satisfaction in the assigned sub-segment. The DCSS (Data Centers Regional Solutions) will collaborate with the Electrification local marketing and sales teams and global marketing and sales organizations across all ABB Businesses and EL Business Lines.
- Generating new business,increasing ABB market share and exceeding the target sales figures with profitable growth for the ABB Group Data Center portfolio in the assigned sub-segment.
- Manage and take ownership of assigned customers for all product lines, including orders, forecasting, issue resolution and engage with colleagues including global, regional and country segment leads to develop and deliver action plans that secure new and existing opportunities.
- Collaborating with Product Managers, hold training seminars and other events to promote ABB Solutions in the assigned sub-segment through internal sales, channel partners, consultants, contractors, OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and end-users.
- Support and develop the Sales and Marketing team by providing customer feedback and local market insights to improve ABB’s position in the data center industry overall.
- Preparation of technical responses and commercial proposals that translate customer requirements into appropriate technology solutions to deliver the highest customer value and support the wider ABB sales organization during technical meetings, product presentations and negotiations.
- Build and maintain technical knowledge relating to all products and applications in the ABB portfolio used in the data center space.
- Collaborate with factory teams to review proposals from a contractual and technical point of view.
- Seek competitive information and provide to the Solutions team and Product Management to improve our competitiveness.
- Require 4 years University Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum of 5 years of experience in working with relevant Consultants and Contractors, Distributors, industry users at a senior level in the Data Center, Critical Power, Power Quality or closely related industry.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Experienced in consultative technical sales with more than 12 months sales cycle.
- Attention to detail, self-starter, proactive, ability to learn, good interpersonal skills and result oriented.
- Willing to travel within the United States and some overseas 50% of time.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office essentials & Salesforce.com.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
|Job Category||Engineering, Project Management, Sales & Marketing|