- TX – Houston – 77007 – 4040 Washington Avenue
- Type Full time
- Posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago
- job requisition id R1658
At the guidance of the direct supervisor, the Small Business Administration (SBA) Relationship Manager will be responsible for the generation of new relationships and servicing of existing commercial clients, in an effort to evaluate the client’s needs and align with appropriate bank products.
- Achieves production levels through internal and external business development activities with prospects, clients, referral sources and relative community involvement activities.
- Develops collaborative relationships with branch network and staff; refers non-SBA loan and deposit relationships to commercial and retail lenders and treasury management.
- Analyzes applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan; makes decision to either: move forward with underwriting, deny or counter offer applicant as appropriate using guidelines in Lending Operations Policy and Procedure Manual. Ensures all decisions take into account appropriate risk factors and contribute to the overall safety and soundness of organization.
- Creates and maintains referral networks with commercial real estate brokers, business brokers, business/professional associations, attorneys, CPA’s, contractors, vendors, other banks, and any other referral sources to solicit SBA loan opportunities.
- Corresponds with or counsels customers in credit issues and loan requests; cross-sells and advises customers on Bank deposit or lending account relationship issues.
- Responsible for understanding and answering all questions regarding Bank products and services.
- Provides reports on a periodic basis to Senior Management.
- Reviews various loan servicing requests; performs necessary actions according to Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Coordinates with management to assure all policies are adhered to in a timely and accurate manner.
- Completes compliance and other job-related training as required.
- Performs duties in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and related anti-money laundering laws, and in accordance with the Bank’s Information Security Program.
- Complies with all department and bank policies and procedures; maintains compliance with State and Federal Human Resources and Banking Regulations; maintains a working knowledge of lending regulations and their application.
- Maintains a working knowledge of lending regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position.
- Maintains a positive atmosphere for customers and employees consistent with the Bank’s mission and philosophy.
- Provides enthusiastic, professional and courteous service to Independent Financial customers and employees.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of pertinent information and records.
- Continues professional development through training, seminars, membership in professional associations, as applicable.
- Contributes to the fulfillment of the department and the Bank’s objectives and goals.
- Performs as a team member, and completes any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Superior loan evaluation ability.
- 5 years of prior SBA lending experience
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Is detail oriented and highly accurate in processing work tasks and reports
- Is dependable and is able to meet deadlines.
- Is self-motivated, conscientious, analytical, courteous and cooperative.
- Has proficient knowledge of commercial lending and applicable regulations including SBA standard operating
- Has proficient understanding of banking principles and guidelines.
- Has ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently.
- Good interpersonal skills with a high level of customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining communication with supervisors and managers.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC related responsibilities in the performance of daily operations to ensure adherence to bank policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Auditing, Business Administration, Data Management, Finance, Leadership, Management, Media Relations, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control|