Senior Account Executive
Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. (AOI)
Sugar land, TX
Posted 1 year ago
Department: Sales and Marketing
Job Code: SM1802
Aiming to bridge customers and internal teams for the best business outcome, the Sr. Account Executive is able to independently identify the right market segment, reach out to prospective customers, work on proper product specification, drive and work with internal teams to develop the product and manage the product cycle.
The candidate will be responsible for the following job assignments:
- Remain in frequent contact with customers and responsible for driving high customer satisfaction
- Strong communication skills and ability to identify key influencers and decision makers
- Quote and negotiate business terms and agreements and maintain sales records
- Monitor competitive activity, trends, and report on all sales activities
- Work with customers on business routines, such as orders, deliveries, etc
- Respond to complaint and resolve issues aiming to the balance between customer satisfaction and company benefits
- Unearth the new opportunities from existing customers and pursue new customers
- Compile business reports and update status to the reporting manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s in Engineering or related discipline is required.
5 or more years of technical sales is required.
- Technical background in lasers, optics, or automotive industry is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions
- Sound judgment on making own decisions or escalating to management team when needed
- Achievement-oriented, resilient, and optimistic.
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office is required.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Automation, Business Administration, Customer Service, Data Management, Delivery, Document Control, Engineering, Estimation, Executive, Industrial, Inventory Control, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control|