Requisition ID: 262282
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Telework Type: N/A
- Work Location: Houston, TX
Bechtel is looking for talented professionals interested in delivering work that will build a cleaner, greener, brighter future for everyone.
We execute projects that create access and opportunity, build a path to net zero, protect people and the planet, and accelerate progress. Our customers are taking on diverse, transformative challenges that will enable current and future generations to thrive. To meet their needs, we need an equally diverse team committed to driving innovation and creating a lasting positive legacy. Join us on this journey towards building a better world.
#WeAreBechtel, and we are shaping tomorrow together.
Plans and conducts independent work in the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Business Unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Business Unit in the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) Engineering discipline assigned to a project or staff group. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice associated with civil site development design activities but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) and appropriate 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD)tools.
- Plans, coordinates or prepares work specifications, technical bid evaluations and award recommendations for subcontracts or material requisitions associated with civil site development.
- Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between Civil Engineering and other engineering disciplines, clients, suppliers, and contractors .
- When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
- Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel and provides input for their performance evaluations.
- Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
- Reviews civil site development deliverables and technical documentation produced by suppliers and subcontractor.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals associated with civil site development.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design associated with civil site development.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders associated with civil site development
- Reviews and checks work of subordinate engineers associated with civil site development.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Experience in preparation and checking of civil site development design deliverables (concepts, drawings, calculations and quantities) for site layout, site drainage, rough grading, finish grading, rigid and flexible pavements, railroad crossings, storm water and sanitary systems, fencing, underground utilities services and soil retention and stabilization structures.
- Understanding of the application of Engineering Department Procedures and relevant Bechtel design guides. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of 2-D and 3-D CADD, and relevant Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs) to perform the work. These include Bentley MicroStation, InRoads, CulvertMaster, FlowMaster, CivilStorm, Intergraph Smart3D or equivalent applications currently in use in the industry.
- Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the Civil Engineering discipline such as those developed by AASHTO, ACI, ASTM, Asphalt Institute, PCA etc .
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Supervision Received: Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance from Engineering Specialists or Supervisors on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
- Supervision Exercised: Provides technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers, designers, drafters, technicians and others who assist in performing specific assignments.
- Contacts: Independently contacts vendor’s representatives and project field personnel to gather or give information. Contacts client counterparts as directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- A recognized Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university, with 9+ years relevant experience.
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, AND
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in allied types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
- Specific experience in planning and executing greenfield or brownfield projects in one or more of the following market segments:
- Natural gas processing including liquefaction and regasification
- Coal, gas or biomass to chemicals such as methanol and ammonia
- Petrochemicals such as HDPE, LDPE, MEG, PET, PTA, PVC and others
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Solar and/or combined cycle power plants
- Hydrogen value chain including reforming, liquefaction, transportation and fueling stations
- Offshore and onshore pipelines
- Desalination, raw water, demineralized water and waste water treatment plants
- Familiarity with current process technologies and licensors associated with the above.
- Broad working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Knowledgeable of and performs standard discipline engineering activities on projects of relatively small size and complexity within the business line with minimal technical oversight.
- Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|