About the job
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience with design, support and implementation of IT infrastructure components and systems including Microsoft Azure.
- Strong foundational knowledge of IT service design, delivery and governance.
- Strong foundational knowledge of overall infrastructure functionality and design concepts including servers, storage and telecommunications systems.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into appropriate technological design, producing scalable and resilient infrastructure architecture.
- Experience in most or all the following technologies: 1) Microsoft Azure including IaaS, PaaS, networking and other services, 2) Hyperconverged Infrastructure, 3) Azure administrative toolsets, 4) Microsoft Active Directory (Azure and on premise), 5) Microsoft SQL Server, 6) Backup and Recovery systems, 7) Microsoft Office 365, and 8) WVDI.
- Experience with designing and managing service and operational level agreements.
- Strong execution skills with the ability to work efficiently under pressure and deliver quality results within standards and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills, facilitation skills, the ability to work effectively across and within diverse teams, excellent verbal and written (formal and technical) communication skills, and a good command of the English language.
- Travel is an essential job function (est. 10%, domestic, international, & offshore).
- Ability to work overtime and on-call as required.
- Clearly communicate technology issues, plans, budget and solutions from both a business and technical perspective (Business Case).
- Clearly communicate milestones and task-level project timelines, project status (resources, schedule and budget) and project completion to business owners and IT management.
- Design, plan and execute cloud-related projects as technical lead or resource.
Operations and information system design, architecture and administration
- Design of assigned service(s) including SLA/OLA, cost modeling, methods of measure/quality assurance, standard operating procedures.
- Capacity analysis, forecasting and planning for infrastructure components and supporting software end of life, subscription/license utilization and lifecycle management, etc. including input into budget planning and maintenance of multi-year roadmaps for supporting elements of associated service ownership.
- Design, document and/or QA/QC of periodic infrastructure system maintenance, upgrade and/or expansion including associated software versioning.
- Assist with periodic audits for Sarbanes Oxley and security by providing documentation, data and explanation of policies and processes for analysis by security and audit team.
- Assist with disaster recovery planning, setup and testing analysis.
- Serve as SME for escalations
- Analyze and resolve advanced availability and/or service degradation issues.
- Provide after hours and weekend on-call support.
- Assure adherence to Noble’s Cyber Security Framework.
- Maintain relationships with IT management and IT staff.
- Adhere to professional standards and Noble’s Administrative Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oil & Energy
|Job Category||Applied Mathematics, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Quality Control, Security, Software Development|