- Houston, TX, USA
As a global leader for over 40 years, Sercel is positioned to satisfy the world’s need for seismic acquisition equipment. Wherever the location or whatever the field conditions may be – whether at sea, in open country, the mountains, the jungle or the desert- our engineers and technicians apply the skills and expertise acquired from their work in the field and Sercel’s commitment to R&D to constantly push the limits of seismic acquisition.
Reporting to the Cost Controller, the Sr. Cost Accountant is responsible for the accurate costing of raw materials, WIP and finished goods within the company’s ERP system. The Sr. Cost Accountant provides accurate, meaningful reporting and guidance for manufacturing operations, as well as other financial functions.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Review closed manufacturing jobs, correct costing errors, and update item cost accordingly.
- Monitor the job costing reporting system to ensure variances minimized, properly transacted, and effect on product costing analyzed and understood.
- Analyze actual production costs and prepare reports comparing standard cost to actual production costs.
- Review, track, and record variances for overhead and engineering project jobs.
- Allocate applied labor/overhead to proper expense departments according to production activity. Prepare and analyze overhead absorption report.
- Lead the month-end closing procedures in SAP to close manufacturing, service and internal orders, settle variances, calculate WIP and update the material ledger based on average actual costing.
- Evaluate unusual transactions or process deviations. Makes recommendations and implement actions such that financial and managerial data is timely and meaningful.
- Ensure stock movements properly approved.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of SAP.
- Prepare and analyze suite of cost accounting management reports.
- Ensure all assigned balance sheet account reconciliations completed monthly in a timely manner.
- Assist with internal/external annual audits and tax reporting.
- Adherence to continuous improvement of the automation of the cost accounting and reporting process.
- Assist in developing and implementing SAP CO system changes.
- Successfully collaborate with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls. Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with IFRS.
- Provide guidance and operational support to manufacturing.
SKILLS NECESSARY TO PERFORM POSITION DUTIES:
- Proficient in SAP CO module, Excel, and BW Report Writing.
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision.
- Ability to analyze, investigate, and make proper conclusions of unusual inventory activity or inconsistencies is critical.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Thorough understanding of standard/average cost, variances, inventory reporting and valuation, and the underlying concepts of labor/overhead absorption.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to act as a liaison between finance and other departments.
TYPICAL EDUCATION: B.S. (or higher) in Accounting
TYPICAL EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of standard cost experience in a manufacturing environment.
Work Authorizations/Security Clearance:
Employee must be eligible to receive deemed exports as defined by U.S. Export Administration (“EAR”) or EAR-controlled technology.
Employees’ nationality, citizenship and/or residency status is sought solely for export control compliance purposes, and will not be used to unfairly discriminate in the hiring process.
Reliability – Innovation – Productivity
That’s our people, process & promise
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Document Control, Finance, GeoPhysics, Imaging Services, Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Mechanical Drafting, Media Relations, Office Assistance, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|