- Prepares complete sets of complex drawings which include multiple views, details drawings and assembly drawings.
- Creates complete product layouts, analyzes complex designs, evaluates equipment systems and generates new designs.
- Prepares design and layouts that define equipment concepts or the basic functional characteristics of systems, components, structures or equipment. Selects information from precedents, manufacturer’s catalogs and technical guides.
- Performs final drafting review to ensure comprehensive dimensional data for engineering or fabrication purposes. Reviews for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to drafting, applicable design, component weights and system standards.
- Prepares documentation, information and communication such as Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), engineering specifications, design reports and required system documentation. Ensures conformance to all policies and procedures.
- Calculates dimensional tolerance requirements to ensure proper assembly fit according to design requirements defined by Engineers.
- Assists with the preparation of technical publications, presentations and computer animations for sales, proposal and project personnel.
- Performs administrative and related responsibilities such as transferring drawings from computer to hardcopy as required.
- May prepare time estimates for review before assigned work is initiated. May compile and analyze data, compute quantities, determine materials needed, and prepare cost estimates
- Performs final drafting review to ensure that comprehensive dimensional data is provided for engineering or fabrication purpose. Reviews to ascertain accuracy, completeness, and conformance to relevant drafting designs, component weights and system standards.
- Prepares documentation, information and communication such as Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), engineering specifications, design reports and required system documentation in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the drawings provide dimensional tolerances as required and defined or designed by the manufacturers or Engineers so as to ensure proper assembly fit.
- Prepares drawings and presentation slides as part of technical specifications and presentations for project proposal.
- Performs administrative duties and design related tasks such as transferring drawings from computer to printing hardcopy as assigned.
- Prepares time estimates for review prior to commencement of assigned work. When required, compiles and analyzes the data, computes quantities and determine materials requirement.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Technical trade school training or equivalent experience in drafting.
- Knowledge of standard drafting techniques applicable to offshore industry.
- Must demonstrate ability to develop detailed Engineering drawings and system layouts.
- Must have ability to make arithmetic computations using standard formulae.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Discipline specific requirements as defined by supervisor.
- Must demonstrate time management and drafting/design skills that require only general supervision.
- Over five years in a CAD design environment (in oil and Gas industry) and demonstrated proficiency with Auto CAD 2004 and with material take-off.
MODEC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
|Job Category||AutoCAD, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Industrial, Management|