Job Title: Senior Facility Services Technician
Opening Date/Time: Thu. 05/02/19 12:00 AM Central Time
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 06/28/19 5:00 PM Central Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 111 Gillingham Lane Sugar Land, Texas
Department: Environmental and Neighborhood Services
At the City of Sugar Land, we are looking for people driven by a desire to contribute, possess a willingness to be challenged, and are committed to public service. Our champion employees are a driving factor for making Sugar Land “One of America’s Best”. The Environmental and Neighborhood Services Department has an opening for a Senior Facilities Technician position.
The Senior Facilities Services Technician is responsible for the maintenance, service and repairs of the City of Sugar Land municipal building HVAC and mechanical systems, refrigeration, plumbing, BAS controls, hardware and fixtures. This position must utilize experience, training and independent judgment to plan and carry out goals, missions and objectives which meet the City’s core values. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and may lead, coordinate or guide the activities of others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, participates and assures compliance of preventive, corrective and general maintenance installation of HVAC systems.
- Performs repairs, replacement and maintenance of multiple systems and/or equipment, including but not limited to climate control (BAS) and security access systems, pumps, motors, valves, piping, electrical components and kitchen equipment.
- Performs scheduled inspections of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building envelope systems.
- Conducts general building repair and maintenance of interior spaces including hardware and fixtures
- Accurately documents all maintenance and repair activities in the City’s work order system.
- Responds to work orders as directed by the Facilities Services Supervisor.
- Orders parts and equipment as needed in conjunction with the repair and maintenance of facilities following all applicable City procurement policies and approvals.
- May assist with the evaluation and recommendation for selection of vendors and contractors in the purchase of equipment or services and coordination of contractor activities/services.
- May guide and develop technicians within the division to grasp new skills within the services technician field.
- Coordinates and oversees contractor activities/services.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver License required.
- EPA Refrigerant Certification required.
- Electrician Maintenance License, Associate’s Degree in A/C and Refrigeration, accredited HVAC Certification, Stationary Engineers License, Maintenance Electrical License or other similar MEP trades credentials associated with Facilities Maintenance Operations preferred.
|Job Category||Engineering, Mechanical|