$37,940.00 – $40,000.00 Annually
- POSITION OVERVIEW
- Applications Accepted From: All Persons Interested
Division: Customer Experience/Neighborhood Libraries
Section: Vinson Neighborhood Library
Workdays & Hours: *Varied (hours within Mon – Sun, 8:15 am – 8:15 pm / Rotating Shift)
*Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Houston Public Library (HPL) is seeking an energetic, flexible, team-oriented person with a passion for customer service to work as the Senior Library Service Specialist (Assistant Manager/Youth Services) for the Vinson Neighborhood Library.
HPL serves a population of 2.2 million citizens through a network of 37 Neighborhood Libraries spread out across the Houston area, a Central Library, and three Special Collections Libraries.
Vinson has a diverse population and offers a wide variety of programming including computer classes, early literacy programming, after school programming, and adult programming. Located inside the Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center, Vinson has a small conference room, a large bank of public computers, Noah’s Ark for children’s programs, and a gaming area for teens.
Successful candidates will communicate effectively, provide exceptional customer service, enjoy working with, learning, and teaching new and emerging technologies, be at ease multitasking in a fast-paced public service setting and enjoy interacting with people of all ages from diverse backgrounds. Essential job duties and responsibilities for the Senior Library Service Specialist (Assistant Manager/Youth Services) include:
- Serving as the assistant manager and/or person in charge as needed in the absence of the manager;
- Providing innovative programming in the library for youth of all ages including story times, arts & crafts, library tours, video gaming, and after school zones;
- Collaborating with the City of Houston Health Department and local community groups, as well as schools and day cares;
- Greeting and interacting with customers at the customer service desk to find information and library materials;
- Facilitating the use of the public computers and laptops, and troubleshooting technology-related issues including e-readers, and tablets;
- Collecting fines and fees using computer-based software;
- Providing information regarding library services, programs, policies, and procedures;
- Possessing a strong working knowledge of Microsoft operating system and software and knowledge of other Internet software and media applications, digital technologies, android and other software
- Performing other administrative duties and projects as assigned;
- Retrieving library materials for customers and shelving returned materials; and
- Working one evening and every other weekend (Saturday and/or Sunday).
Driving is an essential function of this position, as the selected candidate will frequent different Houston Public Library locations, and therefore must have a valid Driver’s License and be compliant with the City of Houston policy on driving (AP 2-2).
Applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover Letter and Resume when applying. For a location listing of our 37 Neighborhood Libraries and Central Library, please visit www.houstonlibrary.org/hpl-locations.
Position requires stooping and bending; lifting of library materials up to 20 pounds. Must be able to move freely throughout the library to file/retrieve library materials. Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor’s degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
One (1) year of experience in professional library, information services or education is required.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others;
- Experience working with children and families; and
- To better serve our diverse communities, fluency in a foreign language is highly preferred.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION No
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
PAY GRADE: 16
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-1439.
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832-393-1439). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
|Job Category||Admin & Clerical, Customer Service, Diversity Opportunities, Document Control, Government, Nonprofit, Traffic/Transportation|