Requisition ID: 265995
- Relocation Authorized: National/International – Family
- Telework Type: Part-Time Telework
- Work Location: Houston, TX
Applies knowledge of marine engineering principles and practices in the preparation of complex engineering analyses. Works independently, with minimal supervision and has a good understanding of problem solving within the marine structures discipline. He/she should be familiar with multi-discipline and multi-project working environments. His/her duties will include developing preliminary/detail drawings and perform structural designs for marine facilities.
- Provide technical support for Dredging, Shore protection, Modular mooring dolphins and breasting dolphins, Loading platform topside structural steels and Trestle Piperack modules, Marine equipment (quick release hooks, fenders, bollards, and marine instrumentations)
- Review the design change due to construction issues and approve the field change documents.
- Review the nonconforming item against the original design, provide a disposition and approve the nonconformance report.
- Respond the technical inquiries from construction and attend the coordination meeting
- Provide technical supports related to the modular dolphins’ transportation and installation (load-out and load-in activities).
- Review existing design documents (marine facility design criteria, mooring dolphin design calculation report and mooring dolphin design drawings) and inspection reports for the pile damage.
- Provide guidance on loads and load combinations for the mooring dolphin structural analysis.
- Determine if the mooring dolphin can be used as “Fit for Purpose”.
- Provide mooring dolphin pile repair options and recommendations.
- Minimum 8 years of design experience in design of marine structures, such as ports, terminals, wharfs, piers, bulkheads, breakwaters, berthing and mooring systems, foundations
- BSCE or related discipline from an accredited University, Masters’ degree preferred
- PE Registration required
- Construction experience with a marine construction contractor is required
Specific experience in planning and executing greenfield or brownfield projects in one or more of the following market segments:
- Natural gas processing including liquefaction and regasification
- Coal, gas or biomass to chemicals such as methanol and ammonia
- Petrochemicals such as HDPE, LDPE, MEG, PET, PTA, PVC and others
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Solar and/or combined cycle power plants
- Hydrogen value chain including reforming, liquefaction, transportation and fueling stations
- Offshore and onshore pipelines
- Desalination, raw water, demineralized water and waste water treatment plants
- Familiarity with current process technologies and licensors associated with the above.
- Proficient with commercial software such as STAAD Pro, SACS, FB-Pier, L-Pile, MathCAD, OPTIMOOR, or similar programs
- Strong analytical skills in advanced structural and geotechnical design for marine/offshore structures and foundations. Good knowledge of wave and current loadings and mooring/berthing systems.
- Proficient in Structural calculation, steel connection details (bolted and welded) and concrete design
- Experience in the design of sheet pile and king pile bulkhead walls
- Knowledge of structural dynamics and finite element analysis, a plus
- Familiarity with international codes and standards related to marine and coastal design
- Ability to travel to and from various project sites
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|