The Sr. Project Engineer – Production Facilities is responsible leading on medium, large and complex/ critical size Oil & Gas projects taking full ownership of all engineering activities undertaken by product and discipline engineers. Will work closely with the Project Manager, Procurement Lead and other project services to execute the project in accordance with the as sold requirement and client expectations. Provide training for a group of project engineering professionals. Lead activities and technical discussions, facilitating the integration of new team members. Fully responsible for all engineering and technical aspects of an assigned proposal or project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand the as sold engineering scope of supply and communicate that to the engineering team on the project.
- Understand client’s technical requirements during a proposal phase and lead theengineering team in developing the required engineering documentation to cost the project.
- Ensure the project is being executed in accordance with Product Line Procedures and Work Instructions, as well as Client’s specifications.
- Generate and develop the project engineering scope of work and execution plan. Distribute engineering activities among all disciplines.
- Lead engineering teams that will be formed by engineers in different locations. Control and coordinate work share activities.
- Hold regular follow up engineering meetings, internally and externally with the client or vendors. Elaborate the technical requisition and scope of work to subcontract specialist engineering activities to outsourced companies.
- Provide project man-hour estimating, planning and forecasting for all Engineering functions.
- Review, approve and control man-hour bookings on a project.
- Schedule of engineering activities, understanding needs of the project and prioritization. Define the engineering document list for projects and proposals.
- Work together with Document Control to monitor engineering progress.
- Coordinate design reviews and safety studies.
- Resolve technical conflicts. Manage engineering change management and generate MOCs as required.
- Write or supervise the developing of technical requisition for all type of equipment. Interface with the Project Manager and other functions.
- Single contact point on technical matters with Clients and Vendors. Ensure projects are adequately resourced and ask for resources as required from Engineering Manager.
- Support pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and operations. Visit fabricators during pre-award, manufacture and factory acceptance testing.27. Attend bid clarification meetings, kick off meetings and design review meetings. Check and approve the work of others as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent with 15+ years’ production experience within Oil and Gas Industry. Preferably Chemical Engineer.
- Familiar with Industry Standards and codes such as ASME, API, NFPA, NEC, etc.
- Proven experience in managing multidiscipline engineering disciplines.
- Communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals outside the Company.
- Experience in having participated of HAZOP and other safety studies.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Possess a high degree of initiative. Ability to work as a team member with various Product Line departments associated with designing, estimating, fabricating, constructing and operating.
- Ability to work independently. Capability to interact with customers and assist in preparing technical presentations for customers. Ability to follow directions.
- Working effectively in a team environment. Highly self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to lead a multicultural and multidiscipline engineering team.
- Detailed experience in following up vendors’ engineering and fabrication.
- Proven experience with trouble-shooting of oil and gas treatment plants.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
|Job Category||Communication, Engineering, Industrial, Project Management|