Department: R&D Atlanta
Applied Optoelectronics Inc. (AOI) is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced optical and Radio Frequency (RF) products, including components, modules, and equipment. AOI’s products are the building blocks for broadband access networks worldwide, where they are used in the internet data center, CATV broadband, telecom, and FTTH markets. AOI supplies both customized and OEM/ODM components and equipment in all four of these markets. In addition to its corporate headquarters, wafer fab, and advanced engineering and production facilities in Sugar Land, TX, AOI has an R&D lab in Atlanta, Georgia, and engineering and manufacturing facilities in Taipei, Taiwan, and Ningbo, China.
The AOI Atlanta Engineering Team is a highly experienced group of engineers in Telecommunications, specifically outdoor CATV products. We design both indoor and outdoor telecommunication products that require innovative mechanical enclosures and mechanical accessories. As the R&D RF Hardware Engineer on our team, you will be working with some of the industry’s most innovative engineers, to architect and design RF systems in the Cable Access SpaceIn addition, you will be responsible for managing the overall product configurations and Bill of Materials, allowing you to gain a greater knowledge of the overall product(s).
- Design, Document, Architect, and Implement hardware solutions for the Cable Access space.
- Simulate RF designs in modeling software, including Monte Carlo analysis.
- Write test specifications and test instructions for hardware development and manufacturing.
- Write engineering design specification documents for Remote-PHY Devices, RF Nodes, Amplifiers and systems, architectures, and products.
- Design Digital to Analog and Analog to Digital systems, including evaluation of new technologies.
- Build and test hardware for EVT and DVT development stages.
- Extensive experience designing wideband RF amplifier circuits.
- Comfortable doing bench level design and optimization
- Expert in the use of spectrum analyzer and network analyzer.
- Mentor junior engineering member in RF design, simulation, and hardware evaluation.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 10 to 15+ years of direct experience.
- RF simulation in Genesys RF/Microwave Synthesis and Simulation Software.
- RF PCB design on multilayer PCBs using Altium CAD software or similar software
- Experience in the selection and design of RF broadband amplifiers, matching networks, equalizers, attenuators, and other associated components
- High-Speed ADC and DAC design experience is desired
- Knowledge of CableLabs DOCSIS 3.1 Specifications is plus
- Familiar with CableLabs CCAP architectures
- Familiar with standard serial interface protocols, including I2C, SPI, USB, RS232 is desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a tightly integrated functional team of electrical, mechanical, FPGA and software engineers
• Atlanta, GA
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Science, Data Management, Document Control, Electrical, Engineering, Estimation, Industrial, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Mechanical, Network Administration, Optoelectronics, Project Management, Quality Control, Science & Biotech, Software Development, Supply Chain|