Location: Houston, TX
Job ID: ADV00049K
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We’re invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too. That’s why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world’s greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our team with Teammate company, Aerodyne Industries.
The Software Developer will:
- Support the ARES public website and multiple internal NASA/JSC applications used to curate astromaterials collections and other ARES business applications
- Assist in the transition to building new applications with modern frameworks
- Utilize newer technologies such as Vue, React, Node, Docker, APIs, and AWS (Cloud) to advance ARES programming environment and provide additional solutions when developing new or next-generation websites
- Follow documented processes for software development, use of code repository, and software release
- Participate in requirements gathering and analysis
- Work with other developers and analysts on the product team for design, testing, and code reviewing
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with web/database applications
- Provide general user support and troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as required
Here’s What You’ll Need:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Typically has a BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science and four (4) years of progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline
- Knack for writing clean, readable code, and follow best software development practices
- Requires experience using source control applications such as Subversion or Git
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of JSON/API technologies
- Requires experience implementing interactive and responsive web pages using AJAX technologies
- Ability to write good UI interface and experience with using styling libraries is important
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Good oral and written communication with customers and team members
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple actions, and both short-term and long-term projects
- Customer service oriented
- Respectful and supportive team player
- Knowledge of NASA/JSC IT Standards / Requirements
- Software development in the NASA/JSC software development environment for 3 years
- Experience developing applications that interface with MySQL or MS SQL Server databases is desirable
- Experience with 508 and web accessibility requirements
- AWS (Cloud) programming
- Familiarity with .net programming
- Good organizational skills
Why Join Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities, we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Communication, Computer Science, Data Management, Hardware/Software Support, Information Technology, Leadership, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Project Management, Quality Control, Software Development|