* indicates an internal reference can be offered on your behalf by a current employee. Please contact us.
The Senior Specialist is part of the IT team that supports the Energy Transfer Transportation and Ticketing business area. This position is primarily responsible for developing and supporting applications for the movement of crude oil and refined products by the Energy Transfer transportation fleet, maintaining the centralized ticket repository, reconciling unloading station inventory, and tank strappings.
Applications include a combination of commercial third-party systems for transportation management for Energy Transfer fleet, the central ticket repository developed in-house, and other proprietary interface systems, also developed in-house. The Senior Specialist will work with business teams to understand the crude transportation and ticketing business, and develop requirements for changes to existing code, and developing new projects. New projects include web-based interfaces for mobile devices for asset and order management. Oil and gas experience a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of a team that works together to support, maintain and develop applications for Energy Transfer Trucking Operations and crude oil ticket processing.
- Support large vendor transportation systems for Energy Transfer fleet. These systems manage the following functions: manpower and tractor profiles, driver shift schedules, product and order management, dispatch scheduling, product hauling, ticket flow from tractor mobile tablets to back office systems, truck driver payroll, interfaces for central ticket repository, customer web portal and data exchange, and electronic logging and ticket entry software in mobile tablets. Assist in large-scale upgrades and implementation of these systems.
- Support applications developed in-house: central ticket repository, tank strapping and increments, delivery station log reconciliation, station meter ticket management.
- Develop interfaces for data exchange between these systems. Applications may be either Windows or Web-based. Experience with T-SQL, SSRS, C#, .NET Framework is required.
- Develop and support web-based applications to create new functionality around existing systems. Most projects are object-oriented programming. Candidate should be well-grounded in OOP methodology.
- Develop and maintain reports – mostly SSRS and Power BI.
- Applicant must demonstrate proficiency and aptitude in technical and development areas. Show ability to handle complex technical problems with confidence.
- Excited about learning and solving business problems, and possess a strong desire to understand underlying business processes in order to move the company forward. Ability to provide and receive input during problem solving sessions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written). Enjoy working as a team, and as individual. Positive attitude that promotes good work relationships. Ensures proper communication to all levels of the organization.
- Effective organizational and time management skills. Able to deliver the product in a timely manner.
- Develop, document and adhere to standard procedures and best practices at Energy Transfer. Understand and practice company change control procedures.
- Ensure requirements are being met in accordance with corporate compliance. Must understand and adhere to strict control procedures to ensure proper financial reporting.
- Must adhere to good programming practices and strict testing standards. Must be able to manage small to medium projects, and work effectively with team members and customers.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment, with extensive interaction with operations and field personnel, and some management.
- Work hours will include “on call” support including some night and weekend hours. Team members rotate weeks or volunteer. After hours support include urgent emergency incidents, and planned (server patches, reboots, etc.).
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
B.S. degree in Computer Science or IT business-related field or additional equivalent experience.
5 – 8 years in related area including application development.
Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, T-SQL, DB and query optimization.
Good working knowledge of Windows server environment.
1-2 years in systems planning – understanding the life cycle, being able to identify and prioritize those technologies and applications that will return the most value to the business.
Following experience is a plus: jqGrid, Xamarin, Telerik Controls, SQL Lite, Objective C, Swift and Power BI Reporting, SSIS.
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivlanent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
- 1-3 years with oil and gas systems preferred
- Mobile application development a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.