Senior Systems Engineer – SRE / Devops
You will work with engineering and support teams located locally and abroad while still providing direct, on-keyboard impact. By demonstrating and promoting Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors, you will evolve and sustain an innovative agile culture. You and your team will build, operate, and continuously improve the application services that our customer facing representatives use daily.
The Expertise We are Looking For
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely related discipline preferred
* 3-5+ years of experience in systems engineering with a focus on development and automation
* Experience with software development and scripting to provide process automation, monitoring, and/or self-service capabilities
* Experience with PowerShell and Python scripting
* Experience with IT Service Management practices and ITIL
* Knowledge of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices and principles
* Experience with Observability tools and best practices
* Experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems
* Experience with cloud-based technologies including SaaS solutions (Azure and AWS)
* Experience with CI/CD pipelines, technologies, and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Docker)
* Production support experience with financial or similar systems
The Skills You Bring
* Your skills as a standout colleague are vital as you join a highly functioning scrum team in an agile work environment. You jump in and assist when help is needed and push to get the stories completed as you finish sprints and make valuable contributions added interactions for our customers.
* You will have effective communication and will share your ideas and opinions as we look to innovate and improve our platforms.
* You will bring a growth mindset to work every day as you continue to learn new technologies and skills which you share with your scrum teammates. You will ask for feedback and put goals in place to help improve your own skill set.
* You will use your data security skills to keep our customers’ information safe.
* Positive relationship management and facilitation skills
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
The Value You Deliver
* The primary responsibility of the team is to lead initiatives which enhance the operational stability and availability of the applications that customer facing associates use to do their job. The team’s goal is to deliver agreed levels of service to users and customers and to provide the best associate experience possible.
* Provide technical support for a broad array of contact center applications.
* Champion automation efforts.
* Focus on improvements in instrumentation, logging, and monitoring.
* Improve development and maintenance of monitoring and instrumentation capabilities for existing suite of applications.
* Establish plan for continuous improvement regarding stability and availability.
* Metrics and reporting around various areas including, but not limited to, application performance & monitoring, incident, and problem management, etc.
* Expected to work independently with limited supervision.
* Keen sense of ownership for the health of the applications and level of partnership with the business.
* Coordinate and encourage the adoption of new tools and processes within the team.
* Collaborate with technical teams to identify dependencies, coordinate activity, and resolve problems.
* Document and review implementation plans, support procedures and environment configurations.
* Respond to dynamic needs of management and partners
* Enthusiasm for working in an international, collaborative, and fast-paced environment and learning new technologies
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling [Phone number shown when applying], prompt 2, option 3.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Applied Mathematics, Auditing, Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Investment, Leadership, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Network Administration, Project Management, Public Relations, Research Development, Software Development, Statistics|