Job Type Regular Full-timeDepartment Universal ServicesJob Number 04425Closing date and time 11/28/2019 at 11:59 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Position Description
- Under general direction, the SharePoint Architect / Senior Developer is responsible for the development of technical solutions on the SharePoint platforms (SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2019, SharePoint Online/Office 365).
This responsibility includes all aspects of the software development life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and support of custom solutions, including identifying opportunities for improvement, evaluating new technologies and techniques, providing subject matter expertise, establishing and mentoring less experienced team members.
This is a senior-level position and requires good communications skills, both written and verbal, and excellent analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploy SharePoint Server farm solutions and apps in an on premise environment.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploy apps for SharePoint Online/Office 365.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploy visual web parts, custom workflows, integration components for 3rd party, branding customizations, and web services.
- Leads architectural design and development activities for SharePoint Online and on-premise.
- Mentors other developers on best practices, design patterns, and use of server-side and client-side object models for building solutions on the SharePoint platform or that integrate with the SharePoint platform.
- Research, evaluates, and recommend 3rd party products that provide extended or enhanced capabilities to the SharePoint platform.
- Works on multiple projects either individually or as a project team member and, occasionally, as a lead.
- Assists with user acceptance testing, system testing, and load/stress testing and the preparation of user manuals and training materials for SharePoint solutions.
- Communicates issues and problems to management in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer https://hrrm.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/EqualEmploymentOpportunityPlan.aspx
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
- 8 years’ experience in software development with C#, Visual Studio IDE 2012 or later, .NET 4.0+ Framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET. WCF, WPF, and WF.
- 5 years’ experience building and supporting all aspects of SharePoint including sites, site collections, master pages & templates, web parts, content types & policies, lists, libraries, workflows, forms authentication, and security groups.
- 4+ years of implementing custom farm solutions and apps for SharePoint 2013 or later versions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of SharePoint Server architecture, server-side object model, client-side object model, and app model (SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2019, and Office 365/SharePoint Online).
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST-based web services; experience consuming web services with SharePoint.
- Understanding of the Agile software development methodologies, like Scrum or XP
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application’s employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs. and/or move boxes and equipment as needed.
- Subject to kneeling, crouching, handling, climbing, walking, sitting, twisting and reaching are needed to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
- Experience integrating SharePoint with enterprise systems such as OpenText and PeopleSoft.
- Experience implementing SharePoint solutions in a hybrid environment (Office 365 and on-premise).
- General Information
- Houston, TX
- 40 Hours per Week / Monday – Friday/ Flexible Weekends
- After Hours and 24-Hours On-Call as required
- Will Be Discussed During Departmental Interview
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised
- Harris County
1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240
Houston, Texas, 77002
|Job Category||Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management|