Requisition ID: 263933
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/05/2022
Under the direction of the BEO Information Systems Team Lead, this position is responsible for providing application support, development, and reporting to BEO. The position requires working closely with the IT team and stakeholders to understand data needs, analyze issues and provide appropriate solutions. This position requires an individual who is customer focused and can effectively work with people both in person and virtually. The successful candidates should have a solid work ethic, be self-driven, well organized, and be able to work with minimum supervision and see tasks through to completion.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the customers to gather requirements for new projects.
- Design, develop and implement applications (web, database, and reporting).
- Research\Develop\Optimize database views and queries for performance improvements in reports, data grids and SQL views.
- Develop a new reporting standard that will be used for all of BEO departments using Power BI. This includes assisting Power BI users in creating new dashboards and create the back-end process for retrieving data (views\stored procedures, etc.).
- Desire to learn new development platforms (Power Apps, Microsoft Power Automate, etc.).
- Work with IS&T team in supporting BEO’s applications (PEMS/EAM, ToolHound, ESS, PFA, Equipment Watch, etc.) This support includes consuming APIs and maintaining\supporting BEO’s Data Mart.
- Be willing to expand and delve into other area of BEO/IS&T to gain a complete understanding of the BEO business and technology processes and tools.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Organize and document work processes.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related field from a college or university and at least 1 year of practical work experience in information technology or other relevant work experience is required.
- In lieu of bachelors degree, may substitute seven (7) total years of relevant work experience or three (3) years with a relevant Associates degree.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related field from a college or university and at least 3 years of practical work experience in information technology or other relevant work experience is required.
- In lieu of bachelors degree, may substitute nine (9) total years of relevant work experience, or five (5) years total experience with a relevant Associates degree.
- Experience in working with APIs.
- Experience in working with databases (Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle).
- Experience in creating report (Power BI, SSRS, or Cognos).
- Experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting construction equipment telematics devices.
- Basic knowledge of programming techniques and methodologies.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues and supervisors.
- Experience in construction industry.
- Experience in Hexagon’s EAM product.
- Experience in supporting mobile applications.
- Experience in Postman and using APIs.
- Experience with XML and\or JSON.
- Experience with automation tools.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|