2327 Commerce St #200, Houston, Texas, 77002, United States
Category Engineering Job Id HRD110910
oin a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to mechanical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. You will design products to meet customer needs, product quality, manufacturability, new product development, prototype builds, testing, and may serve a project manager role for smaller development projects. You will develop the product designs necessary to drive product improvement and will be integral in securing present and future business by consistently meeting or exceeding Voice of Customer requirements.
· Design mechanical components, subassemblies, and assemblies for hyperspectral thermal imaging and gas detection equipment
· Ensure product compliance to applicable standards (IEC, etc)
· Maintain product revision control and BOM
· Work with product manager to determine engineering requirements to meet product specifications
· Work cross-functionally with Electrical, Firmware, and Software Engineering to develop industrial safety products
· Support Quality failure investigations and CAPA implementation
· Stress Analysis
· Cost estimation
· CAD based modeling
· Engineering analysis
· Value Engineering
· Design engineering
· Product certification
· Product presentation
· Stress modeling
YOU MUST HAVE
· Masters Degree in Engineering
· 5 years of experience designing products using new product introduction “NPI” processes
· 3 years of experience working with cross functional teams on new product designs
· 3 years of experience with Solid Works
· 1 year of product development lifecycle
· 2 years of experience with designing products in a regulated industry (ie: ATEX/IECEX, CE, UL, CSA, ISO, MIL, etc)
· Strongly preferred Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Ph.D. in Engineering preferred
· Experience with design for manufacturability “DfM”
· Significant experience with product development process and sustaining engineering
· Experience in fixed gas and flame detection industry
· Demonstrated experience in new product development for industrial electro-mechanical safety products. Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
· Experience with enclosure design to meet ingress protection rating (IP64, IP66, etc)
· Familiarity with thermal imaging technologies
· Ability to adapt to change in project direction quickly
· Multi-tasking and the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks
· Ability to analyze, solve, and communicate complex problems across a cross functional team
· Effectively operate in a matrix organization
· Experience working in global teams across time zones
· Track record of successful contribution to products & projects
- JOB ID: HRD110910
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 2327 Commerce St #200,Houston,Texas,77002,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
|Job Category||Design/Drafting, Diversity Opportunities, Engineering, Management, Mechanical, Quality Control, Research Development, Software Development|