*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
The E&I Engineer will provide technical support to Operation groups; mainly in day to day pipeline operation; Troubleshooting/diagnosis issue & provide reliable solution, and perform project engineering functions as required for maintenance and improvement projects; design, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning of gas compressor-stations and liquid pump-station facilities.
- Assist with design and troubleshooting of automation systems, motors, protective devices, PLC logic, instrumentation, and other electrical equipment as part of pipeline and terminal operations.
- Good analytical skills are required to diagnose problems and needs of the customers to make appropriate changes and recommendations.
- Must be able to develop multiple alternatives to an individual problem or situation.
- Primary regional electrical/control resource to Field Operations supporting pipeline and terminals.
- Position may have primary responsibility to manage/Lead; scope development, engineering, design, construction and startup of assigned electrical & instrumentation-related Operation/Capital projects for pipeline and terminal operations.
- Oversees engineering performed by in-house designers and outside contracting firms.
- Prepares functional specifications and Cause & Effect for PLC systems. Provides technical assistance in specifying and troubleshooting electrical & control systems, instrumentation, and PLC devices.
- Prepares technical standards, specifications and procedures for individual and company-wide assets.
- Ensures compliance with PHMSA Regulations and CRM.
- Develop or modifies control logic to meet changes in equipment or equipment operating conditions.
- Provide training as needed for local I&E’s and operations/maintenance personnel.
- Responsible to review or update project specifications and designs related to electrical equipment, facility power, power studies, utility feeds/distribution/connections/contracts/contract strategies, as related to projects or company goals.
- Responsible for identifying Generator needs during commercial power unavailability such as during Hurricane season or to meet Operation needs.
- Actively participates Health, Environmental, Safety and Security (HESS) programs to assure a safe and environmentally sound workplace.
- Complete any additional responsibilities assigned by Management
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- B.S. degree in electrical, electronic, instrument control or related engineering discipline
- 6 – 10 years of related experience
- 7 plus years of pipeline engineering and design, operations and maintenance experience related to area of expertise.
- Minimum of 6 years related experience in pipeline and/or refinery environment.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and relevant codes.
- Ability to develop and present multiple alternatives to an individual problem or situation.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; good organizational skills.
- Experience developing piping, instrument and electrical diagrams.
- Must have well developed PC skills, (Microsoft Office: WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, ACCESS, MS Project, etc.).
- Experience/Knowledge of AB Control/compact Logix, SLC, PLC5, Siemens S7, GE FANUC 90-70 & 90-30 PLC equipment and programming, hardwire relay ladder logic, RSView, Wonderware and Cimplicity HMI interface software & hardware, SCADA interface, OMNI flow computers and other process control devices.
- Must be a strong team leader as well as active member.
- Travel within regional geographic area to and from individual responsible regional area is required
Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- This position commands a wide range of knowledge and experience in dealing with a variety of electrical, instrumentation and control equipment.
- PLC programming requires the ability to model complex existing or proposed operations by breaking the physical operation into discrete components.
- This requires identifying the dependent and independent relationships of some pieces of data and packaging it into a single program.
- All the data needs to be interwoven and integrated with established system protective checks to develop an operating control system that interfaces with the host SCADA system to safely and efficiently operate the particular pipeline facility from a remote location.
- The position requires the ability to balance multiple operation projects simultaneously, the ability to prioritize tasks, and shift previously established priorities in response to changing business needs.
- Must be able to set up and work within project teams; follow established department work flow processes; provide clear direction to engineers, designers, contractors, construction managers, field technicians and support personnel.
- Emphasis is on safety, operations, budget and schedule.
- ETAP or SKM or similar electrical software knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge/Experience of Delta V DCS is a plus
- Experience dealing with Utility companies for power requirements and contracts negotiations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with Industry Standards and Specifications in the Electric and Power disciplines (NEC, NFPA 70E, Low Voltage <5Kv, Medium Voltage 5kv-15kv).
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Automation, Business Administration, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Electrical, Engineering, Industrial, Management, Occupational Safety, Procurement, Public Works|