Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Engineering Solutions Analyst will be responsible for engaging with end users and working groups to support the design, delivery, and day to day operation of innovative solutions that improve engineering performance. Acts as liaison with business to support and execute the configuration, extension changes and business user support to the OII divisions. Will assist with programs to support the Enovia, PDM and CAD applications in the Engineering solutions department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide global functional support to end users. Interface with the operating units to resolve engineering application related issues including data quality and system performance, Create and suggest workarounds for issues while waiting for fixes.
- Understand existing technical capabilities, both internal and externally available, and use this knowledge to propose solutions that compliment OII processes and environments.
- Design, configure, test, document, and deploy solutions to meet business requirements through actionable functional design specifications that clearly articulate scope and approach and allow for detailed project planning and execution,
- Proactively engage engineering groups to learn what they do; what Is important to them; the challenges that confront them.
- Focus on technologies that lower processing costs to enable faster, high-quality decisions, and streamline engineering and design execution by enabling end to end integrations throughout the value chain and reducing cycle time.
- Proactively propose “best practices” and standards to correct and improve business processes as related to available tools and applications.
- Participate in functional group and project meetings and interact and work with other team members cross-departmentally.
- Be an active participant and lead high performing teams, demonstrate accountability for assignments and deliverables, and adhere to high performance standards.
- Develop and demonstrate strong business and systems analysis knowledge.
- Execute activities to deliver the right solution, at the right time and at the right price by following project and change management methodologies and processes.
- Coordinate the production support configuration, setup, maintenance, customizations and enhancements of engineering application to Oceaneering specifications.
- Mentor, guide, and train other engineering support personnel specific to the best use and support of engineering and data managements tools, applications, and functions.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics– Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality– Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative– Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Implementation, support, and tactical execution of engineering technologies Application of technological change to improve business engineering processes and performance.
- Proven ability to work with multi-cultural environment & participate in high performance teams.
- Aligning with and coordinating activities among multiple functions/organizations.
- Knowledge of other engineering software/applications will be added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or other equivalent education and experience
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in engineering tools, applications, and processes. Energy services industry experience beneficial.
- Strong solution experience with Enovia PLM applications, CAD Integrations & engineering suites.
- Experience preferred with 2019x or higher version of the Enovia and associated environments.
- Experience with configuration & support for PDM, Solidworks, ANSYS, Autodesk suites and applications.
- Experience in using Linux, Microsoft operating systems and usage of CAD and ERP Integrations.
- Proficient in the use of project management software and Peoplesoft applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Job Category||Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Industrial|