Senior Specialist – IT Ops Analytics*
*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
📁Information Technology 📅May 04, 2023 2310001581
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your mobile device!
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organization, recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America’s energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
This position comes with world class compensation, benefits, 401(k) match, profit sharing, and PTO.
Energy Transfer is looking for a talented and driven Senior Specialist to join our Operational Data Analytics team.
As a Senior Specialist, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging and meaningful projects in the energy sector. You will be responsible for helping to implement and support our corporate data historian environment, as well as implementing optimization solutions for Energy Transfer’s Operations. You will also be a subject matter expert (SME) for the system and will work closely with our Energy Transfer’s Operations groups to help understand business challenges and implement solutions leveraging historian and analytics software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design solutions, install, and configure the historian software for new and existing facilities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for the system.
- Work closely with Energy Transfer’s Operations groups to help understand business challenges and implement solutions leveraging historian and analytics software.
- Be a champion for improvements and ideas.
- Be a team and project leader for undertaking application implementations and upgrades.
Requirements: Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, data engineering, or a related field
- Experience with data historians and analytics software such as Capstone dataParc and parcView, OSI PI, or SEEQ.
- Experience with optimization software such as SEEQ or PowerBI.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge SQL, VBA, and VB.NET.
- Strong understanding of time-series data
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Travel in upwards of 20% of the time
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Customer Service, Document Control, Information Technology, Inventory Control, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Media Relations, Project Management, Quality Control, Research Development|