Sr Specialist – IT Inventory Management *
*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
Are you interested in joining our team? Chat with our digital assistant to learn more about our company and apply right from your mobile device!
Text ETP to 25000 to get started or apply through this web posting if you prefer.
Energy Transfer, a Fortune 50 organization, recognized by Forbes as one of America’s best large employers, is dedicated to responsibly and safely delivering America’s energy. We are driven to inspire our employees to create superior value for our customers, our investors, a sustainable future and giving back to the community where we have long-standing commitments to causes including MD Anderson Children’s Cancer Hospital, The Salvation Army, American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and many more. Come join our award winning 10,000 strong organization as we fuel the world and each other!
Responsible for the inventory management of client, network, and telecom related assets and the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) administration of BCP web-based program. Meet with department managers creating departmental BCP’s as required. Must be able to manage small to medium projects, and work effectively with team members and customers. Must be able to work well in a team environment, with extensive interaction with customers, management, and IT teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps track of the orders of new computer\telecom\network related equipment, the receipt of these assets both physically and in SAP, and ensuring assets are accurately entered into the asset management system.
- Audits change requests for refreshes, migrations, and new hire installations. Works with IT personnel to correct errors and reports findings to management.
- Audits incidents related to terminations to ensure assets are collected and updated in asset management.
- Coordinates the shipment of assets to field locations, ensuring accurate documentation of shipments and confirms receipt.
- Responsible for the accurate tracking of surplus (EOL) computer\telecom\network related equipment and ensuring the equipment’s status and location is updated in asset management.
- Monitors processes and recommends improvements in order to successfully maintain an accurate asset management database.
- Performs other inventory management related duties as assigned.
- Backs up primary BCP administrator of Web-based BCP application.
- Meets with company management as needed, adding departmental BCP’s to BCP Web-based application.
- Assists in coordination of BCP testing and documentation updates.
- Responsible for the project management of the team’s capital purchase projects, monitoring project status, progress, and spend.
- Ensures all required project documents are available and uploaded in the EPM system
- Meets with key stakeholders and project sponsors in order to communicate project status
- Collaborates with the PMO team and recommend improvements
- Collaborates with management in order to plan and budget for upcoming projects
- Performs other project management related tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelors degree in IT or related field and at least 5-8 years of related experience
- Excellent customer oriented skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Solid IT skills
- Familiarity with SAP and Remedy
- Professional attitude
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
⦁ Usually, normal office working conditions.
⦁ Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
⦁ Occasional overnight travel may be required.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Communication, Customer Service, Document Control, Information Technology, Inventory Control, Management, Mathematical/Statistical Skills, Media Relations, Project Management, Quality Control, Research Development|