*Internal opportunities open. Please contact us for internal reference*
Summary: IT Server Operations Linux/Windows Support role will support all aspects Linux & Windows OS and application support. This includes, but not limited to, OS monitoring, backups, patching, OS upgrades, internal IT supported application and database operations and task automation as needed.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Administration of various versions of Linux including RHEL and SUSE
- Administration of various versions of Windows Server OS
- Supporting Oracle ExaCC and engineered systems
- Managing SAP HANA cloud and on-premise deployments
- Patching and other security administration of the above systems
- Participating in on-call rotation
- Working with customers with different skill sets and taking care of Remedy incident, task and change tickets
- Automating tasks and deployments with tools like Anisible, UI Path, and Powershell
- Administration of Graylog, SCOM and SCCM
- Working and negotiating with vendors as needed such as Red Hat, Oracle and Microsoft
- Supporting backups and data protection for all systems above
- Providing general server and application support
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree or additional equivalent experience and 5-8 years of related experience.
- Expertise in various versions of Linux including RHEL and SUSE
- Expertise in various versions of Windows Server
- Knowledge of Oracle engineered systems
- Knowledge and hands on experience with the SAP HANA cloud and on-premise deployments
- Patching and other security administration experience of all the above systems
- Ability to work with customers with different skill sets and ability to maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Hands on experience with automation tools like Ansible, UI Path, and PowerShell
- Knowledge of backup tools like Veeam and Bacula
Required experience is commensurate with the selected job level:
- The Senior IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 5-8 years of relevant job related experience
- The Lead IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of relevant job related experience
- The Principal IT Specialist level requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 10+ years of relevant job related experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional on-call rotation required.
|Job Category||Admin & Clerical, Applied Mathematics, Automation, Data Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Network Administration, Security, Software Development|