Wishing you could have an ownership stake in the company you are working for? Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is an award-winning engineering, architectural, construction environmental and consulting services firm. We are a 100% employee-owned company, with regional and project offices nationwide. Burns & McDonnell plans, designs, constructs and manages projects all over the world with one mission in mind — to make our clients successful.
Our Houston office has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for an Staff Transmission Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical leadership for overhead transmission design teams on projects ranging from 69kV to 500kV
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing team members
- Independently executing design work with engineering judgment
- Performing quality reviews
- Identify and communicate changes to project scope to engineering lead and project manager
- Providing input and adhering to project schedules
- Understanding project budget
- Identifying and communicating of technical risks associated with projects
- Identifying, developing, and communicating processes and tools to increase efficiency across team and department
- Creating, improving, facilitating and teaching training courses to the project team and department
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and improve the performance of project teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- 3 years of transmission engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Successful completion (i.e.passing) FE or EIT preferred.
- Strong knowledge in standard civil/structural engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, BIM (Revit), Civil 3D, PLS, PLS-CADD, RISA-3D, MathCADD), and/or hydraulic, hydrologic, pavement, transmission analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
About Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell is a family of companies bringing together an unmatched team of 7,000+ engineers, construction professionals, architects, planners, technologists and scientists. With an integrated construction and design mindset, we offer full-service capabilities with more than 55 offices, globally. Founded in 1898, Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned company and proud to be on Fortune’s 2020 list of 100 Best Companies to Work For.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Communication, Engineering, Management, Mechanical, Project Management, Quality Control|