Structural Designer – 259159
Requisition ID: 259159
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Telework Type: N/A
- Work Location: Houston, TX
Bechtel is looking for talented professionals interested in delivering work that will build a cleaner, greener, brighter future for everyone.
We execute projects that create access and opportunity, build a path to net zero, protect people and the planet, and accelerate progress. Our customers are taking on diverse, transformative challenges that will enable current and future generations to thrive. To meet their needs, we need an equally diverse team committed to driving innovation and creating a lasting positive legacy. Join us on this journey towards building a better world.
#WeAreBechtel, and we are shaping tomorrow together.
Plans and conducts independent work in the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) engineering discipline with the Energy Business Unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of design on a project.
- Civil/Structural design of an assigned scope of work for a Bechtel project or for CSA staff group.
- Work involves performing or administering work of designers and drafters of the project design group; applying Bechtel standard design details, OSHA and or client safety standards, applicable codes and industry standards which form the basis of design.
- Senior CSA Designer shall supervise and/or be responsible for the drawings extracted from 3-D model, which shall be the final products to be issued for construction, detailing and/or fabrication.
- Senior CSA Designer shall perform 3-D design reviews, resolve conflicts, solve constructability problems and may be required to participate in preparation of or checking of as-built drawings.
- Senior CSA Designer shall perform and/or review advanced level structural or reinforcing steel detailing by in-house efforts or by sub-contractors.
- Senior CSA Designer shall prepare design & drafting procedures and standards, identify and recommend work process improvements, review ‘lessons learned’ data-base, and take responsibility for quality and accuracy of design drawings.
- Senior CSA Designer shall assist in cost estimates and quantity take-offs for on-going projects, proposals, forecasts and change-orders.
- Senior CSA Designer shall participate in overall work assignment planning, Annual Performance Reviews, coaching, training and career development planning.
- Senior CSA Designer shall receive operational supervision and technical guidance from a Senior Supervising Designer or Engineering Group Supervisor or Chief Engineer.
- Shall provide technical guidance to subordinate designers, drafters & technicians.
- Knowledge of the application of engineering and construction materials related to the discipline’s design responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to the discipline.
- Knowledge of discipline Design Guides, mathematical formulae and design calculations used in the discipline.
- Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other groups associated with the total design effort.
- Knowledge of procedures used for the procurement and quantity control of bulk materials applicable to the discipline.
- Knowledge of BSAPs applicable to the specific discipline work.
- Position requires:
- Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from a senior Supervising Designer, Senior Engineer or Engineering Supervisor.
- Supervision Exercised
- May be required to provide operational direction and technical guidance to subordinate designer and drafter personnel as directed.
- Establishes and maintains communication with design and engineering supervisors in charge of related disciplines and with administrative personnel within the group or project. Consults with equipment suppliers, technical specialists and client representatives as directed to provide and receive technical information.
Qualification and Skills
- Min. 6 years of Project Design experience covering job description as noted
- Completion of recognized specialized course(s) in design or equivalent relevant work experience
- Must have knowledge of CAD systems, equipment, application of design software & computers necessary to deliver the project objectives
- Proficiency in 3-D modeling with SP3D, Tekla, FrameWorks or similar systems, and MicroStation.
- Practical knowledge of Structural steel connection standards of the industry
- Practical knowledge of Reinforcing steel fabrication standards of the industry
- Practical knowledge of Piling methods and associated industry standards
- Practical knowledge of AISC, ACI, ASCE, AWS codes and standards, as applicable to detailing and design. Previous experience and knowledge of Euro, Indian and Australian codes and standards shall be an added advantage.
Specific experience in planning and executing greenfield or brownfield projects in one or more of the following market segments:
- Natural gas processing including liquefaction and regasification
- Coal, gas or biomass to chemicals such as methanol and ammonia
- Petrochemicals such as HDPE, LDPE, MEG, PET, PTA, PVC and others
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Solar and/or combined cycle power plants
- Hydrogen value chain including reforming, liquefaction, transportation and fueling stations
- Offshore and onshore pipelines
- Desalination, raw water, demineralized water and waste water treatment plants
- Familiarity with current process technologies and licensors associated with the above.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
APPLY NOW »
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Analytical, Business Administration, Communication, Data Management, Design/Drafting, Engineering, Environmental, Hardware/Software Support, Industrial, Information Technology, Lab Management, Laboratory, Leadership, Management, Network Administration, Occupational Safety, Project Management, Public Relations, Quality Control, Research Development|