MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an exciting opportunity for a Tax Accountant position in our Houston office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely completion and filing of all tax compliance, including but not limited to, annual company registrations, sales and use tax, property tax, income tax, franchise tax reports, quarterly and year-end tax provision, transfer pricing, 1042 filings, etc. In addition, assist the Tax Director with ad hoc special projects. Tax related duties of a complex nature requiring advanced professional experience, attention to detail, knowledge and competency in tax and good analytical skills.
- All tax Compliance, including but not limited to, annual company registrations, sales and use tax, property tax, income tax, franchise tax reports, quarterly and year-end tax provision, transfer pricing, 1042 filings, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from internal customers on tax matters.
- Assist on Tax Audits.
- Reconcile Tax Accounts.
- Assist the Tax Director with special projects and tax planning.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Four years’ diverse and solid Tax experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- In addition to tax experience, general working knowledge of accounting, finance, audit, tax accounting, etc.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively communicate with good written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Must have a high level of analytical ability to identify and resolve non-recurring problems.
- Possess some degree of leadership ability and have good organization and project planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures.
- Willingness to learn and attention to detail are essential.
- EC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are a dynamic organization with great customers and a culture where people are valued and empowered to deliver amazing results. We are also growing and looking to hire talented and passionate individuals to join our team!
|Job Category||Accounting & Bookkeeping, Engineering|