- Job: Electrical Engineering
- Primary Location: Houston, TX
- Schedule: Full-time
- Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
- Req ID: 202095
We are seeking to hire a Technical Advisory Consultant focused in transmission planning within our 1898 & Co. global practice in our Houston, TX regional office!
- The Technical Advisory Consultant should have knowledge regarding electric transmission systems and transmission system planning processes.
- Perform transmission planning studies consisting of power flow, transient stability, transfer capability, and economic dispatch associated with congestion management scenarios.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work efforts with the project manager. Study efforts will require judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques for electric transmission system planning procedures and criteria.
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may involve a variety of complex features in regards to electrical system power flows and stability.
- Responsible for teaching and training less experienced engineers with regards to transmission planning studies and evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, advanced degree is a plus (MSEE, MBA, or PhD).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with transmission system studies
- Professional registration preferred.
- Experience with power system planning and operations; transient stability, short circuit, and voltage analysis; NERC, FERC, and Regional requirements, policies and procedures; production costing; risk assessment techniques; TPL compliance; generator interconnection; and harmonics analysis.
- Strong computer skills using industry software such as PSS/E, PSLF, EMTP/ATP, PSCAD, SKM, ETAP, and Promod.
- Knowledge of numerous power regions of the country and independent system operators such as: PJM, MISO, NEISO, SPP, CAISO, WECC, SERC, ERCOT, NYISO.
- Knowledge of NERC and FERC standards.
- Proven ability to lead, educate, and train a team of engineers and analysts in regards to transmission system planning studies.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines and to be effective in on-site work environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, including identification of critical path items to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
About 1898 & Co.
1898 & Co. is a business, technology and security solutions consultancy where experience and foresight come together to unlock lasting advancements. We innovate today to fuel our clients’ future growth, catalyzing insights that drive smarter decisions, improve performance and maximize value. As part of Burns & McDonnell, we draw on more than 120 years of deep and broad experience in complex industries as we envision and enable the future for our clients.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
About 1898 & Co.
1898 & Co. is a business, technology and security solutions consultancy where experience and foresight come together to unlock lasting advancements. We innovate today to fuel your future growth, catalyzing insights that drive smarter decisions, improve performance and maximize value. As part of Burns & McDonnell, we draw on more than 120 years of deep and broad experience in complex industries as we envision and enable the future for our clients.
|Job Category||Development Services - Planning, Communication, Engineering, Industrial, Management, Project Management, Quality Control|